Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rockwood - $20 at Ace

Options
Didn't see this posted anywhere - Rockwood is on sale for $20/20#bag at Ace Hardware.

https://www.acehardware.com/departments/outdoor-living/grills-and-smokers/charcoal/8400772

And Ebates is having 10% back on Ace purchases (not sure for how long).

Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
Twitter: @ Bags
Blog: TheJetsFan.com

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,170
    Options
    Hey stranger. How have you been? 
  • Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    Options
    Thanks! I just ordered two bags! Great price. 
    New Orleans LA
  • Dondgc
    Options
    I guess living a few blocks from an Ace made this easy... 
    New Orleans LA
  • fruitguy
    fruitguy Posts: 303
    Options
    Picked up two yesterday and two more today 
  • nolan8v
    nolan8v Posts: 400
    Options
    Is there a limit on the number of bags one can purchase?

When does sale end?
    "You can live in any city in America, but New Orleans is the only city that lives in you."
    Chris Rose 

• Philly35
    Philly35 Posts: 858
    Options
    Thanks for the post! Just ordered a five pack of em!
    NW IOWA
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    If it is under 100 on the way home I will stop for some. Been a bit toasty around the Bay Area lately.
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    Options
    I have 5 in a storage box now but I think it will hold 5 more, we get home Friday I know what I am doing

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• Greedygoat
    Greedygoat Posts: 134
    Options
    Thanks, just ordered six bags.  Should have them right in time for Father's Day.
    XL and a Mini-Max.
    Boca Raton, FL
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Thank you just placed my order!!!!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • samiamegg56
    Options
    Love our Ace in Gray, Ga.
  • drumdudeguy
    drumdudeguy Posts: 165
    Options
    Thanks, got 4 bags at Blackhawk in Charlotte today for $20 each. Normally they charge $35!
    Charlotte NC - Large Big Green Egg (2009) w/Nest and Handler
    Accessories: PSWoo, Woo, Adjustable Rig, Smokeware Cap and Temperature Gauge
  • OhioEgger
    OhioEgger Posts: 901
    Options
    Thanks, got some yesterday. I'm always amused when I visit my local Ace. They keep the Rockwood back in the storage area and will never put it out on display in the store. Just very cheap, nasty charcoal, some Cowboy and the rest with brand names you've never heard of. But at least with an online order they have to bring it out when I show up.
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Is there an Ace within 50 miles of Huntsville Alabama that sells Rockwood?
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Dondgc
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    I don't think it matters if they regularly carry it - you can order online and it will be shipped to the store. At least that is my understanding. 
    New Orleans LA
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Here's some info that will help:

https://rockwoodcharcoal.com/ace-hardware/

Looks like the store in Madison has it in stock right now, and per their orders I can see they usually do regularly.
  • Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options
    Dondgc said:

I don't think it matters if they regularly carry it - you can order online and it will be shipped to the store. At least that is my understanding. 
    Yes, they deliver to the store from online deliveries and there is no delivery charge.  The stores around here get their deliveries at least once/week.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Options
    Thanks, got 4 bags at Blackhawk in Charlotte today for $20 each. Normally they charge $35!
    @drumdudeguy yeah they are just too proud of their stuff... there are several other places in Charlotte area much more reasonably priced...
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • drumdudeguy
    drumdudeguy Posts: 165
    Options
    @drumdudeguy yeah they are just too proud of their stuff... there are several other places in Charlotte area much more reasonably priced...

I would sure like to know where. I've been mail ordering it. I live near Harrisburg.

Charlotte NC - Large Big Green Egg (2009) w/Nest and Handler
    Accessories: PSWoo, Woo, Adjustable Rig, Smokeware Cap and Temperature Gauge
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,646
    Options
    OhioEgger said:
    Thanks, got some yesterday. I'm always amused when I visit my local Ace. They keep the Rockwood back in the storage area and will never put it out on display in the store. Just very cheap, nasty charcoal, some Cowboy and the rest with brand names you've never heard of. But at least with an online order they have to bring it out when I show up.
    I was lucky, after ordering in-store pick up a few times they started stocking two bags on the floor.   I feel pretty special like they only stock it for me, next time I am in there I will ask them how many bags they sell a month.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• stlcharcoal
    Options
    OhioEgger said:
    I was lucky, after ordering in-store pick up a few times they started stocking two bags on the floor.   I feel pretty special like they only stock it for me, next time I am in there I will ask them how many bags they sell a month.
    Which store?  I can look it up.
  • SmokeyLopey
    SmokeyLopey Posts: 435
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Love our Ace in Gray, Ga.
    You and I must be nearly neighbors. I'm in Milly. Where are you? Yes Ace of Grey is what all the other middle GA aces wish they could be!
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Just ordered 20 for the summer. Thanks for the heads up! 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Options

I would sure like to know where. I've been mail ordering it. I live near Harrisburg.

@drumdudeguy   I live near Harrisburg too. I generally get mine at Ace Hardware in Locust. Their regular price is $25.  I got two on sale last week for the $19 price. They have a pretty selection of different things. KJ Lump and assorted sauces and ribs. 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,646
    Options
    @stlcharcoal Washington Court House Ohio 43160
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• stlcharcoal
    Options
    @stlcharcoal Washington Court House Ohio 43160
    Yeah, you're probably only one by the looks of it.   B)
  • Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    I buy all of mine at that new Ace Hardware on Hughes Road, right across from the fire and police stations.  if you are south of town, there is a place in Hartsell that sells it also.

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• whldch
    whldch Posts: 126
    Options
    The website ordering did not work several times, there was a box saying you must put preferred delivery, which was checked off. I tried to contact Ace, no answer after 3 days. I ordered a few bags through local Ace who stopped carrying it.
  • mjfutures
    mjfutures Posts: 53
    Options
    For some reason my local Ace stores all tell me this lump is "trash" whenever I generally ask them opinions on the best lump. I am using my first bag now with no complaints. I plan to go buy 5 more on this deal. I was using Jealous Devil Lump prior, which for the record I really like. Thanks for the deal.