Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Why, why yes, I DO need a 292" television! - OT

Botch
Botch Posts: 15,427
Read more

8K, and no bezel.  First, I need to check to see if I have a 292" wall.  :c

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    edited June 2019
    Always funny when people think bigger is better with Tvs. Especially when placed in a smaller room. Who wants to sit and turn their head from side to side when trying to view the whole screen. You better have one big room with a 292" tv. 70" is bad enough in certain rooms.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    I can tell you if I have seen a movie, but I won't be able to tell you if it was in the theater, home, or the back of a airplane head rest.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    I have no clue what the answer is but what is the native resolution that the human eye can even see? I was at the store the other day looking at 75" 8K TV's side by side with a 75" 4K TV and even a 75"1080P TV and could barely tell the difference when standing about 12ft from them

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    I have no clue what the answer is but what is the native resolution that the human eye can even see? I was at the store the other day looking at 75" 8K TV's side by side with a 75" 4K TV and even a 75"1080P TV and could barely tell the difference when standing about 12ft from them
    I could only see the 4K difference from about 2 feet away, haven't seen a 8K TV yet.  
    Now, LG's "OLED" picture, I can see the difference (and its dynamic range, not resolution) from across the entire BestBuy, wow.  Will be getting one of those when/if my ten-year-old, 47" LG lets the smoke out, but so far I'm perfectly happy with it.  
    Resolution keeps getting better and my eyes keep getting worse, I think they bypassed each other many years ago and I don't have to worry about it.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    By my low standards, the link fully qualified for the dumbest thing I have seen/read today.  But WDIB is definitely in play here.  (Who's D!ck Is Bigger).  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Get 4 and make your own primitive holodeck.
    Gittin' there...
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    That is a lot of inches.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    "According to Samsung, The Wall Luxury will be equipped with an AI picture quality engine, known as Quantum Processor Flex, which will use AI upscaling and machine learning to optimize picture quality on a scene-by-scene basis. "

Great.  It will become sentient when SkyNet wakes up and probably kill you in your sleep.

For some reason, men seem to care a great deal when discussing number of inches. 
  • CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    "According to Samsung, The Wall Luxury will be equipped with an AI picture quality engine, known as Quantum Processor Flex, which will use AI upscaling and machine learning to optimize picture quality on a scene-by-scene basis. "

Great.  It will become sentient when SkyNet wakes up and probably kill you in your sleep.

Tony Stark would be proud 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864

For some reason, men seem to care a great deal when discussing number of inches. 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike