Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

tender roast???

Options
Bordello
Bordello Posts: 5,926
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Please suggest what type of roast to try, I like my meat "Tender". Can I do it directly on the grill???? Do I need to do something to tendrize the meat first??? (citrus marinade, or???)
Thanks,
New Bob

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    New Bob,
    What are you looking for? Beef? Pork? Lamb? all can be done very tender.
    Marinades help a little, but that is not the answer to tender meat.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]I did a simple beef roast the other day. This was the roast I was planning on doing during the "storm" we were supposed to get the other week where we were supposed to get 2 feet of snow but ended up with less than 2 inches. Spin had given me some great ideas for the cook. I ended up freezing the roast when I realized it wasn't going to snow and that I had to work and go to school.[p]Anyway, I did it the other day with a very simple method. Cut a bunch of slits in the beef and stuff with large cloves of garlic. Season simply with garlic peppercorn char crust and cook over a drip pan to an internal temp of about 140*. Medium rare and delicious! The char crust gave a nice outside coating to the beef and the smoke (hickory) penetrated the meat nicely. Last week, I had many sandwiches made simply of thinly sliced pieces of this roast on small buns with yellow mustard and some Q sauce.[p]I'll be trying the more elegant method in a week or so, but this simple method definitely has some merit.[p]Cornfed[p]
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Sorry for the oversite, "Beef" tender and juicy. (That's if I, not the BGE, screws it up)
    Thanks,
    New Bob

• tstick
    tstick Posts: 67
    Options
    New Bob, Today I cook/smoked a 3.5 lb tri tip beef roast at 275 for 3.5 hours. Rubbed it with Montreal steak rub. It was very tender. Had both med and med rare. tstick