Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Your holiday’s RECALLED BEEF LIST

Options
Large BGE and Medium BGE
36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    E-coli is flavor.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,571
    Options
    Thanks Damien 
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Forgive my ignorance. How and where on the package exactly would we check this?

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    Options
    I *think* it’s the “Aurora packing company.” So check that name, and then the matching recall code from the list. 
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I *think* it’s the “Aurora packing company.” So check that name, and then the matching recall code from the list. 
    Haha, I figured out that much at least. I was more wondering is that listed on the label of the packaging or is that the brand? My dad just bought a Brisket from Kroger down here in Texas.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    From the CNN article I posted yesterday...

Here are some things to keep in mind when checking your labels: 
    • The meat was packaged at the Aurora Packing Company, Inc in North Aurora, Illinois on April 19, but was shipped nationwide for distribution. 
      • According to the USDA's announcement, the products being recalled have the establishment number "EST. 788" inside the USDA mark of inspection. The recall includes more than 40 products, most of which are cuts of steak, like ribeyes, as well as ribs and brisket cuts. 
      If you repackage stuff into vac bags, I guess you need to place the original label in there too.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
        Central Connecticut 

• BGEChicago
        BGEChicago Posts: 574
        Options
        It's only for the 10 Lbs package for commercial vendors... Being a Chicago boy this is disappointing since Vienna is the only respectable dog vendor... But hay, a little extra iron in your diet isn't a bad thing??  
        The Wall Street Journal & Breaking News, Business, Financial and Economic News, World News and VideoCarolina Q said:
        From the CNN article I posted yesterday...

Here are some things to keep in mind when checking your labels: 
        • The meat was packaged at the Aurora Packing Company, Inc in North Aurora, Illinois on April 19, but was shipped nationwide for distribution. 
          • According to the USDA's announcement, the products being recalled have the establishment number "EST. 788" inside the USDA mark of inspection. The recall includes more than 40 products, most of which are cuts of steak, like ribeyes, as well as ribs and brisket cuts. 
          If you repackage stuff into vac bags, I guess you need to place the original label in there too.

Chicago, IL BGE XL BGE Mini Webber Charcoal / Elmhurst, IL
          • RRP
            RRP Posts: 25,889
            Options
            I, like many, wondered why this amount of information was not brought forward from that company until now.  OTOH this isn't the first time SH*T from Chicago has flowed out the rivers and into politics. 
            Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.