Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast for meal prep - Greek Souvlaki Style?

Options
I've been on a shredding diet for a couple weeks that has me eating nothing but chicken breast.  I've been doing them on the Egg, of course.  Today, I tried something a little different, which is a throw back to a Chicken Souvlaki type dish I've made in the past.

The gist is you marinade the chicken in lemons, garlic and olive oil.  I wedged 3 lemons and crushed one clove of garlic.  If you're going for the Souvlaki, cube your chicken for placing on skewers. As for me, I did the breasts whole.  Place in a bowl or large canister, mix with the lemons and garlic and then fill her up with olive oil.  Marinade in the fridge at least overnight.

As for exterior seasoning, I tried 3 ways: Good Ole S&P, Some Everything But The Bagel Seasoning (which you gotta get if you haven't already) and my "go to" seasoning for chicken, Cavender's Greek Seasoning.

Grilled Raised Direct with a. dome temp of 325, but honestly, I think I could have cooked straight on the main grate at that temp.  Turned out tasty. I love the garlic and lemon flavor on the outside.  Cubing would give you a lot more surface area for the marinade and a tastier bite, I think. I ate the S&P one today off the grill, vay niiiiiice!

Enjoy the pics!

-Brad
When do y'all teach me the secret handshake?
XL BGE, 36" Blackstone, and a Wah Wah pedal
Williamsburg, VA

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    These look really good. 
    I was going to do some later this week, cubed, SV'd. then skewered, and finished on the egg. 
    Was one of the three better than the rest?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    thetrim said:
    These look really good. 
    I was going to do some later this week, cubed, SV'd. then skewered, and finished on the egg. 
    Was one of the three better than the rest?
    Is there an advantage to cubed, then SV...instead of the other way around?
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Good question Johnny.   Prob not.   Other than it might cook a bit faster prob only 15mins or so) and you could season all around a bit better 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95