Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help. Mr Brisket quality question

I’ve never bought a wagyu but have seen the pieces on websites.  The prices at http://www.misterbrisket.com/butcher-shop/beef/ seem  low.  Has anyone had their wagyu brisket before ?  Comments?

Comments

• Leopoldstoch
    Leopoldstoch Posts: 1,182
    I’ve never bought a wagyu but have seen the pieces on websites.  The prices at http://www.misterbrisket.com/butcher-shop/beef/ seem  low.  Has anyone had their wagyu brisket before ?  Comments?

I have purchased from them before. Good brisket, but in my experience no where near the waygu brisket experience I have had from places like srf. Certainly a quality product and cook turned out great just not as rich, marbled, and beefy as something like black or gold srf briskets.

Brandon - Ohio

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    Thanks for the link.  I usually give any protein source mentioned here a go just because.  As they note, the price point for wagyu is a steal for me so I will be ordering.  Definitely worth a shot. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CornfedMA
    CornfedMA Posts: 491
    @lousubcap and @Daddyshack Did you guys end up ordering from these guys? How was it? 
  • Daddyshack
    Daddyshack Posts: 179
    I have not. But I have seen their name many times since this post. My college roommate swears by them. Next time I am in Cleveland I will try it.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    Life and SRF got in the way but thanks for the reminder.  Something I need to pursue once i need a restock.  I did inquire about the shipping costs as they are not set up for the on-line order placement and calculations.  From Cleveland to the Louisville area I was quoted around $25 for one 12-14 lb wagyu brisket.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CornfedMA
    CornfedMA Posts: 491
    Ya. I noticed that. Basically turns a $6/lb brisket into $8/lb. At that point I'd rather spend the extra $$ and buy from SRF with "free" shipping.