Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Why Do I Think Of @caliking When I Read This Article

Options
CTMike
CTMike Posts: 3,247
MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
Southeastern CT. 

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,347
    Options
    Popular Mechanics sure has changed.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• CTMike
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Popular Mechanics sure has changed.
    That’s for sure
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Back to front.  All day - every day.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    thetrim said:
    sitting, through the middle
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • thetrim
    Options
    Yup sitting.  The lower the toilet the better unless you have the squatty potty.
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Advantages to not cleaning your ass:
    1. Save time
    2. Build up killer immune system
    3. Deterrent to ass-rape
    4. In-laws don't stay as long
    5. Easier to tell if skivvies are clean or dirty
    Options
    (disclaimer - not that I'm in that camp)
    Get enough fiber and the wipin’ is easy.
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    edited May 2019
    Options
    thetrim said:
    For women, this needs to be the reverse.
    I wasn't going to chime in on this one, but since I've encountered so many grown @$$ women who have no idea they need to do this, I felt compelled.  
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,617
    Options
    smokingal said:
    thetrim said:
    I wasn't going to chime in on this one, but since I've encountered so many grown @$$ women who have no idea they need to do this, I felt compelled.  
    This is a frequent topic?  Didn’t see that coming.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,617
    Options
    And btw, thanks a lot @caliking for inspiring this thread.  I blame you.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    thetrim said:
    This methodology seems like it would punish all the tea-baggers.
    Options
    Legume said:
    smokingal said:
    thetrim said:
    At least once a month.  Usually while discussing some woman's latest UTI, babies, general cleansing and grooming habits, or how women with long, sculpted nails manage going to the bathroom.  Sometimes ignorance really is bliss, huh?
    Arteflame grill grate

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,347
    Options
    WIping... who still does that?

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• CTMike
    Options
    smokingal said:
    thetrim said:
    Was in a public restroom a while back, and a dad came in with his young daughter (6 - 8 I’d guess). She went in to the stall to do her business, and everyone can hear “Front to back, front to back, mommy said wipe front to back” in a singsong voice. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    My apologies for the delayed response @CTMike, but I do have thoughts on the matter, and needed a moment to sit down and compose them, as this is close to my heart (not anatomically).

Personally, I'm appalled by the concept of using toilet paper to keep the window to one's soul "clean". In many countries (including India, where I grew up for quite some time), one washes one's bunghole with just plain water, using the "sinister" (left) hand. Whether rich or poor. For a number of reasons - tradition, Vedic ritual, thoughts re: hygiene, non-availability of good quality TP, and so on. This actually makes some sense, especially if you think about conserving resources (paper), and even if you've had a kid who thinks they need the WHOLE roll to wipe their arse. Water is definitely easier on that sensitive part of you, and cleans ya quicker and easier than TP. And just a bidet or Japanese toilet seat won't do it all - you need to get that hand in there. 

But a big issue is wet butt i.e. the rivulet(s) of water that invariably run(s) down one or both legs when you stand up afterwards. A close friend and I have concluded, after extensive, independent trials, that the optimal method involves water, one's left hand, and a single Kirkland brand wipe for the finale.

The issue is that US toilets are not equipped with a convenient water source in close proximity to the commode. Which is why my next house will be built to address that issue, with either a faucet or (preferably) a kitchen-type sprayer within arms reach of each porcelain throne. 

There. I'll bet you think that I'm not being serious...

(PS - any and all innuendoes were very much intended). 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Advantages to not cleaning your ass:
    1. Save time
    2. Build up killer immune system
    3. Deterrent to ass-rape
    4. In-laws don't stay as long
    5. Easier to tell if skivvies are clean or dirty
    Most of these points may hold true, but 2... ummmm, not really. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,044
    Options
    I had a friend who was a little person.  He needed to use a poop stick.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    And I opened this thinking another killer cook was on display.

Thanks Mike.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,761
    Options
    I'm like at the gym, back day arm day leg day etc
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    smokingal said:
    Legume said:
    smokingal said:
    thetrim said:
    At least once a month.  Usually while discussing some woman's latest UTI, babies, general cleansing and grooming habits, or how women with long, sculpted nails manage going to the bathroom.  Sometimes ignorance really is bliss, huh?
    Don’t forget about urinating after making babies too.

There is a reason E. Coli is the most common bacteria when a UC comes back. Front to back, friends.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    rimmers beware....
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • thetrim
    Options
    I need to co to counseling after reading what @caliking chimed in with. 

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Options
    smokingal said:
    Legume said:
    smokingal said:
    thetrim said:
    Don’t forget about urinating after making babies too.

A lot of women don't know this either.
    Arteflame grill grate

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,949
    Options
    caliking said:
    My apologies for the delayed response @CTMike, but I do have thoughts on the matter, and needed a moment to sit down and compose them, as this is close to my heart (not anatomically).

Personally, I'm appalled by the concept of using toilet paper to keep the window to one's soul "clean". In many countries (including India, where I grew up for quite some time), one washes one's bunghole with just plain water, using the "sinister" (left) hand. Whether rich or poor. For a number of reasons - tradition, Vedic ritual, thoughts re: hygiene, non-availability of good quality TP, and so on. This actually makes some sense, especially if you think about conserving resources (paper), and even if you've had a kid who thinks they need the WHOLE roll to wipe their arse. Water is definitely easier on that sensitive part of you, and cleans ya quicker and easier than TP. And just a bidet or Japanese toilet seat won't do it all - you need to get that hand in there. 

But a big issue is wet butt i.e. the rivulet(s) of water that invariably run(s) down one or both legs when you stand up afterwards. A close friend and I have concluded, after extensive, independent trials, that the optimal method involves water, one's left hand, and a single Kirkland brand wipe for the finale.

The issue is that US toilets are not equipped with a convenient water source in close proximity to the commode. Which is why my next house will be built to address that issue, with either a faucet or (preferably) a kitchen-type sprayer within arms reach of each porcelain throne. 

There. I'll bet you think that I'm not being serious...

(PS - any and all innuendoes were very much intended). 
    Just as a follow on to this, my understanding is that in many cultures, people use their left hands to clean themselves and their right hands to eat with, since you obviously can’t eat with the same hand you use to do the dirty, right?  I’m sure we can all agree to this basic premise.

This is what makes some of the punishment in certain countries particularly cruel.  For example, Saudi Arabia has cut off the hands of thieves when they are caught.  Which hand do they cut off?  The right one, so that the culprit is left with the choice: stop cleaning yourself or starve to death.  

What a time to be alive.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,949
    Options
    By the way this snippet from the article Mike posted made me laugh:

That Reddit user name sure is on brand!  And I love that Popular Mechanics is quoting a Mr. YouAllSuck6 as some kind of authority on ass-cleaning.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    Options
    caliking said:

The issue is that US toilets are not equipped with a convenient water source in close proximity to the commode.

What are you talking about - there is an entire bowl of water just below said area of cleaning, duh!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe