Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nothing to see here.

Options
epcotisbest
epcotisbest Posts: 2,171
edited May 2019 in Off Topic
Have a pleasant evening.

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    edited May 2019
    Options
    And you put this here why??!!  Cmon. It’s a bbq forum. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    People can be absolutely awful creatures
      How a person can do that is beyond me.  Thankfully the baby was found alive.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • bgebrent
    Options
    People can be absolutely awful creatures
      How a person can do that is beyond me.  Thankfully the baby was found alive.
    Agreed. Don’t post this crap here that we all get in our news feeds. 
  • epcotisbest
    Options
    So since I am not exactly technologically savvy, and don't even know what a news feed is, could you let me know what subjects are allowed? And, in what section is crap supposed to be posted?
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    I hope the little girl is able to make a full recovery and find a home with people who will love her unconditionally. 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    So since I am not exactly technologically savvy, and don't even know what a news feed is, could you let me know what subjects are allowed? And, in what section is crap supposed to be posted?
    Post on.  I believe in free speech. Please forgive me for pointing out the inappropriateness of your choice of venue.  You apparently don’t have a church group to bring this headline to, or any coworkers that could converse, or your hockey teammates, or family, friends where you could work this out.
    Newsfeed is where you learned of this tragedy.  We’ve all seen it.  I appreciate your sadness. I share it.  I simply can’t understand why you post on a green egg forum.  It is by definition nonsensical.  
  • bgebrent
    Options
    I’m sure we all hope the Best for the child.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    For ostensibly a "bbq forum" I've learned a lot about car repairs, shaving gear, overalls, golfing, fishing, hunting, shooting, lawnmowers, home built abbatoir's, cigars, beekeeping, how to sell your house by yourself, etc., etc. And yes, a lot of stupid basketball stuff.
    And for all the above I'm grateful.
    The main thing that is truly verboten is calling Trump a boogerhead. That'll draw a yellow card.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• epcotisbest
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Post on.  I believe in free speech. Please forgive me for pointing out the inappropriateness of your choice of venue.  You apparently don’t have a church group to bring this headline to, or any coworkers that could converse, or your hockey teammates, or family, friends where you could work this out.
    Newsfeed is where you learned of this tragedy.  We’ve all seen it.  I appreciate your sadness. I share it.  I simply can’t understand why you post on a green egg forum.  It is by definition nonsensical.  
    Here, participating in this forum is where I was and what I was in the middle of when I happened to read about this between reading about blue eggs and soft shell po boys, both subjects quite on topic. 
    Had there been anyone here at home, or it had not been too late to call someone, I might have done that.
    If I can figure out how to delete this post, I will.

• bgebrent
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    For ostensibly a "bbq forum" I've learned a lot about car repairs, shaving gear, overalls, golfing, fishing, hunting, shooting, lawnmowers, home built abbatoir's, cigars, beekeeping, how to sell your house by yourself, etc., etc. And yes, a lot of stupid basketball stuff.
    The main thing that is truly verboten is calling Trump a boogerhead. That'll draw a yellow card.
    Looking forward to your next cook!
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    @epcotisbest. As was said, post on. You’re good by me.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Here, participating in this forum is where I was and what I was in the middle of when I happened to read about this between reading about blue eggs and soft shell po boys, both subjects quite on topic. 
    Had there been anyone here at home, or it had not been too late to call someone, I might have done that.
    If I can figure out how to delete this post, I will.

No need to delete.  Hoping you have a great weekend.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Looking for a used 3/4 - 1 ton diesel for pulling a 4 horse trailer with living quarters.  Damn, but every used diesel with 150k+ miles must **** gold, because that is the only thing justifying the prices people are asking.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Must’ve missed hearing of this story and y’all chased it away so now I have to go to google I guess.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Don’t forget about elevators too! Lol. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,946
    Options
    I assume the thread was originally about this story:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/05/10/us/north-carolina-baby-found/index.html

Personally I don’t have a problem with this kind of thing being posted here.  I just take it for granted that I have some control over which threads I choose to read and participate in.  I’m old school that way I guess.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    The Utard church-state just banned alcohol sales in karaoke bars.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Don’t forget about elevators too! Lol. 
    That's right! Not likely to learn about overhead traction machines on one of those lesser cooking forums.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    Botch said:
    Serious??  Way to run business out of the state.  Any insights as to the driver??
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,946
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Botch said:
    Serious??  Way to run business out of the state.  Any insights as to the driver??
    I’m sure they’re just hoping the awful singing will improve.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Botch said:
    I’m sure they’re just hoping the awful singing will improve.
    The only way to stop awful singing is to outlaw karaoke. My wife forbade me to ever try karaoke many years ago after a drunk friend and I did what I thought was a beautiful rendition of House of the Rising Sun. Apparently no on else thought the same.
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I just take it for granted that I have some control over which threads I choose to read and participate in.  I’m old school that way I guess.
    Yes, but you sir are a Profesor.  That is advanced interwebz.
  • logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    Botch said:
    I guess I won't be doing karaoke in UT.  The only way anyone would listen to me is if they were $h1t faced.
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA