Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Self cleaning Egg...

Options
Mop
Mop Posts: 496
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have been using the Egg lately for making jerky almost solely.
After a number of "low&slow" cooks I`m thinking the moisture content is getting a little high in the old ceramic.Everytime I use it the lid "sweats" beads of water for the first hour or so.
Seems as though it needed a good drying out!
After removing the last batch of jerky from the Egg I opened both vents WIDE open and let it burn right empty....
(there was not a lot of lump there to speak of before the high burn).
The next morning I opened the Lid and was suprised to see the firering and firebox were as white as snow!....that was nice to see...
hence "the self cleaning egg"....
Just wanted to share that......
Don`t mind me, I get all wishy washy when I`m drinking,,,,,Hey, were not supposed to post while under the inflence are we?......LOL[p]Mop!

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Mop,
    That mehod of cleaning works great! Or just cook a few pizzas at 550. Sparkling.[p]BTW, there would be a lot fewer posts here in the evening if there were a .08 limit!!!!
    happy weekend.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Mop
    Mop Posts: 496
    Options
    Nature Boy,yes, thats for sure.
    It`s a good thing they haven`t got "breathalizers" for the pc yet, evening posts would be a thing of the past...lol[p]Mop!

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]""BTW, there would be a lot fewer posts here in the evening if there were a .08 limit!!!!
    happy weekend.
    NB ""[p]
    That one made me laugh out loud. You are 100% correct but the limit might need to be lowered to .06% if children are reading the forum.[p]Tim