Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Questions about cooking ribs for another day [got a little too excited at the store today.]

Options

Find up the LG with a hickory/cherry smoke. Cooking way more than we need for today. Few baby back racks & small 3Lb shoulder going for the long cook. Tossed a few boneless chicken thighs on for snacking along the way. Figured I can have leftover ribs / pulled pork for lunches / dinner this week. What is the best way to store and then reheat ribs? I don't think I've not consumed them all the day of the cook. Curious what works best here...

Moved from upper left to Denver, CO | BGE LG & MMX + Kotaigrill [Hibachi]

Comments

• BGEChicago
    BGEChicago Posts: 574
    edited April 2019
    Options

Personally I smoke and then freeze all the time, I vacuum seal the leftovers then when I want them, I throw the bags in the SV...

It makes life easier when I work late....

Chicago, IL BGE XL BGE Mini Webber Charcoal / Elmhurst, IL
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options

Yup, I've done the same. I found I was a able to vac seal and freeze ribs. The bag wasn't totally air free because of all the nooks, crannies and bones in the ribs. So I don't think they'll keep as long as some cooks, but results have been favorable.

LBGE/Maryland
  • BGEChicago
    BGEChicago Posts: 574
    Options

I had that problem before, I didn't want to spend the $$ but I finally broke down and bought this.... looking back, best money spent...

Chicago, IL BGE XL BGE Mini Webber Charcoal / Elmhurst, IL