Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beautiful Day Today

Cornfed
Cornfed Posts: 1,324
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Beautiful day in NJ today. Took a 20 minute lunch followed by a 30 minute walk outside. It's primo Eggin' weather! Have loads of BGE lump at home, some apple chips, jack daniels chips, pecan wood pellets, and hickory chunks. I think I'll hit Kings tomorrow morning for some good eats to grill on Saturday and Sunday. I have a meeting from 4-5pm (horrible meeting etiquette scheduling a 4pm meeting on a Friday) and then I'm done for the week.[p]Happy Weekend, all!
Cornfed

Comments

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Cornfed,[p]NY strips on tap for tomorrow, then Sunday the wife and son are gone for the afternoon, thinking about throwing on some ribs for myself and my daughter. Heck, she's only 18 months old so she cant eat that many ribs. OR, I'm toying with the idea of some grilled or smoked salmon on Sunday. Local Kroger has frozen whole fillets for $1.99 a pound, cryovac packed. I've gotten them in the past and they were great. So, ribs or fish on Sunday, still up in the air on that one.[p]Sorry 'bout the 4-5 meeting. I feel your pain somewhat, there's a chicken and dumpling dinner at church that my grandma invited the family to, so I'll sadly not be egging tonight.[p]Have a great weekend yourself, rain here, then cold. Spring is just around the corner though. Early spring crops already in the garden, lettuce and spinach. Not long now and the weather will start to cooperate.[p]Troy
  • Cajun
    Cajun Posts: 147
    Cornfed,[p]I also have ribs on tap for the BGE this weekend. My first try at ribs. Probably gonna do da foil ting (sorry to all who do not believe). Also gonna do filets, both smoked to da max.[p]Happy Weekend to all and may God Bless You and Keep you cause you deserve it.[p]Cajun
  • Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Cajun,
    I did ribs for the first time last weekend (don't tell anyone but I used foil). Using the directions on GFW's web page did the trick. Chicken is on the egg as we speak, tomorrow i'm smoking some salmon, whiting and weakfish, tomorrow PM it's pork tenderloin, and Sunday i'll be finishing up with a turkey "london broil". Might even sneak in a porterhouse that i discovered in the freezer for lunch on Sunday. Needless to say it will be an eggseptional weekend. Have a great weekend.[p]Chuck <><[p]