Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

smoked bbq sauce

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does smoking bbq sauce for a few hours at a low temp. really add smoke flavor to it? I'm considering doing this to one of my homeade sauces and was wondering if anyone else has had success with this. Thaks...:)

Comments

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Brandon:[p]Yes, just take notes so you can replicate your technique for future sauce smokings. Occasionally, you will need to stir in the exposed surface of the sauce to mix the smoke into the sauce. Careful, as too much smoke can be a turn off. I prefer to smoke sauces in cast iron Dutch ovens over a simmering heat.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Brandon,
    Just like djm5x9 said the key is replicating the taste in each batch. I personally have found the secret to smoke taste in a sauce that I can control is using Colgin's Liquid Smoke, though there are others on the market. Use it sparingly, but to your exact taste!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.