Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

B&B Competition Char-Logs Texas Stye

Options
Dropped by Academy to pick up another green bag of B&B Lump, I noticed they had Competition  Char-Logs Texas Style in a 30 lb bag. Has anyone used this yet and is it safe to use in our BGE’s (no additives)?

thanks

Comments

• Cjtamu
    Cjtamu Posts: 22
    Options
    The char logs are B&B’s variation on a briquette. Been wanting to try some in my kettle, don’t think it will work well in the BGE. 
  • GregC
    GregC Posts: 91
    Options
    I finally bought a bag and I’m not rel thrilled with it as far as smothering it after a cook and being able to use the leftover. It crumbles into small pieces serving up for another cook. Lesson learned.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    GregC said:
    I finally bought a bag and I’m not rel thrilled with it as far as smothering it after a cook and being able to use the leftover. It crumbles into small pieces serving up for another cook. Lesson learned.
    Thanks for follow up!
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas