Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hi Newbie EggHead from NJ

just wanted to hey to y’all. Bought my first egg today.  I can’t be more thrilled. Any tips
/tricks for beginners is appreciated. But I do have one question my egg was delivered and put together by the distributor I bought it from. Is it normal to have an offset such as this or do I have to make an adjustment. Only noticed it until after the guys had left. Thanks in advance.  

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Welcome.  That under/overbite/offset is not normal for a new rig.  The seller needs to come out and correct.  The search bar in the upper right corner is your friend for cooking questions.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • sloppy job by the distributors people, do as bgebrent suggested
    Lrg 2008
    Mini 2009
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,533
    Welcome... yeah get hold of installer and have them come correct..... then cook and have fun... 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    edited March 2019
    Welcome aboard - agree with all above, have them come back and get it aligned.  
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    welcome
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • JMCXL
    JMCXL Posts: 1,524
    Welcome, I am in Northern NJ, what part of the state are you? 
    Northern New Jersey
     XL - Woo2, AR      L (2) - Woo, PS Woo     MM (2) - Woo       MINI

Check out https://www.grillingwithpapaj.com for some fun and more Grilling with Papa (incase you haven't gotten enough of me)

Also, check out my YouTube Page
    https://www.youtube.com/c/grillingwithpapaj

Follow me on Facebook 
    https://www.facebook.com/GrillingPapaJ/

• lentsboy007
    lentsboy007 Posts: 416
    Welcome .  I hope u don’t have your egg on a wooden deck attached to your home. If so , certain members on here who view themselves as God like beings will tell u what an idiot u are . 

1 Large Egg, Blackstone griddle

Belgium...........The Netherlands??

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Welcome.  Nice to have you around.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Hello and welcome. By all means contact your dealer for the adjustment. Watch them do it. If that doesn't prove satisfactory, pop back in. It's an easy adjustment that your egg will periodically need and you will need to know how to perform. 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    When I bought my XL, I had the option of delivery and setup. But I have a truck and some tools, so I did it myself. It was pretty straightforward. Download the video from the BGE site and you should be good to go.

When I bought mine, I assembled the nest first, and was able to open the XL box and carefully slide the base off the tailgate and into it. Would be way better to get some help, though!
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey. Above all, have fun. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bikesAndBBQ
    bikesAndBBQ Posts: 284
    I personally wouldn’t worry about that slight misalignment. I have the old style bands on my large and my alignment is way worse. It doesn’t seem to hurt anything. I still have stable temps. It would be good to learn to adjust the bands yourself as others have said. You’ll have to do it occasionally. 
    Pittsburgh, PA. LBGE
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,821
    Just remember to catch the target temperature on the way up. The egg retains heat so well that if you exceed your temp it's a bear to bring it back down. As far as the bands I wouldn't have the guy come back out. If he didn't know how to do it right the 1st time he probably won't the 2nd. Most importantly welcome to the club. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    If your installer left the 4 plastic spacer guides, you might as well re-align it yourself.  Then you will have the skill to do it going forward!

• fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,236
    Welcome! Pics of your cooks are greatly appreciated! Lots of great advice ^. Look forward to seeing your creations!
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,545
    Welcome...
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,717
    Welcome!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• JacksDad
    JacksDad Posts: 538

Welcome! I'm in northern NJ also...

Get yourself a Costco membership, and make the drive to the Costco Business center in Hackensack. Full prime packer briskets for less than $4/lb. Then start reading some of the posts on here, make a game plan, and go for it! 

Large BGE -- New Jersey