Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Second attempt at brisket

Options
First brisket turned out great flavor wise...tenderness not so much...Got a sous vide for Christmas and a few days off (where I'm not chasing game)...Going for round 2. Starting out at 145 F for 24 hours then going to move to the egg..

Brisket was so large I had to cut into 2 pieces 

Cow dog giving her input 

Now we wait...cow dog watching star trek with me...she does not like the klingons.....been steadily growling past 30 min

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited February 2019
    Options
    make sure you don't have bag sticking out of the water.  I had that happen once outside (cool weather) and it was a pocket of putrification.   If you can cover it with foil or something where anything sticking out is above 130F you will be fine, otherwise keep the water level up, keep the bag sunk with a weight and kill all klingons.
    Options
    I don't understand why you'd sous vide a brisket...  did you do that the first time around? 

What rub and herbs are you using? 
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    @GoooDawgs...didnt last time. Think was undercooked ...and I don't have a doomaflitchy to keep egg heat steady past 8 hrs (sleeping)
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    ...kill all klingons.
    Including Worf?????
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk