Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hello and thank you

Options

Hello from a lurker. I have been hanging in the shadows since purchasing my large last May. Since then, I have gleaned much information from this forum. THANK YOU to everyone who makes this community what it is!  I hope to contribute and add value.

Hailing from Eastern NC I was brought up on hickory cooked whole hogs with vinegar sauce. Until recently, I was more comfortable cooking a whole hog than a cheeseburger. In the last decade I have built my grilling foundation on a Weber kettle and smoking on a home built UDS. Since upgrading to the egg, I have not looked back.

I am feeling good about the standard grilling and smoking. I am looking forward to branching out into using a wok, baking and soups/stews.   I’ll do my best to post pics and reports as I experiment.

Thanks again for the the wealth of knowledge here.  I look forward to contributing.

Comments