Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Adjustable rig R&B combo heat & levels

Options
njl
njl Posts: 1,123
I'm about to start 3 slabs of baby backs, and I noticed one of them is less meaty than the others.  Using the large adjustable rig R&B combo (oval stone at the bottom, oval grid right above that, round grid on top, which level gets more heat?  I was initially thinking the lower one (closer to the fire/stone), but then I wondered if maybe due to convection & shielding, the upper deck might be hotter, and the less meaty rack should go on the bottom.

Comments

• dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,268
    Options
    Hot air rises. You can work around this question by rotating the rib racks throughout the cook.
    Mountain View, CA
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    I don’t have an AR, but I wouldn’t worry about it too much. just pull each rack when they pass the toothpick test.  If one or two come out earlier, just foil and cooler after a rest.  They will stay plenty warm till the others are ready. 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet