Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

O.T Well I Guess I will Be Heading to the Apple Store

Options
Tonight I added the CW App to my iPhone 8+. Then I tried to find out how to add the app to my iMac. I connected by iPhone to my iMac to see if it would automatically add the app. I got a message that my iPhone didn't have the latest update. I said go ahead and update it. Long story short my phone is locked up showing support.apple.com/iphone/restore. This requires the phone to be connected by wire and the computer will supposedly restore the phone. Apparently not without a bunt offering to Steve Jobs. Since I have applecart I will let one of the little dweebs sort it out. Just a 90 mile drive to Metaire..one way.

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Well then.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    I guess the old/new/old mobile format won''t matter for a while.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    I was wrong, 87 miles with no detours and following the recommended route.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    did you try:

On an iPhone X or later, or iPhone 8 or later: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.
    did you try:

On an iPhone X or later, or iPhone 8 or later: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.
    Yes I did. Then when it is supposed to connect to my iMac it just shot me the bird and repeated the message.

• 1911Man
    1911Man Posts: 366
    Options
    Never had anything like that issue using an Android powered phone... ;) My previous phone, and current one, are direct from Google and unlocked. No bloatware added by the carrier or anything else. I cal also add whatever I want to them without issue (for apps).
    I also never need to connect my phone to a computer for anything. Seems a bit silly (to me) to have to connect it to a specific type of computer in order to activate, or whatever you needed to do. Or drive a stupid number of miles to get help with it.
    To be clear, I USED to have [cr]apple products. Got rid of my last computer form them around 2012 and the last ipod I had not long after. Don't miss any of that even one bit.
    Are you going to get refunded for the fuel you had to burn to get to that store JUST to restore a device to a functioning state? Didn't think so.
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    to make the drive worthwhile, you might as well go to the Intergalactic Krewe of Chewbacchus
    Options
    Tomorrow night
    Hopefully I can avoid the Krewe of Fandroids. I once had a Samsung piece of crap, a Galaxy . The battery constantly died in no time. On it's first birthday, the day the warrantee expired, the charging port corrupted. Since I was buying it on a two year plan it cost me a fortune to get another phone. This is my third iPhone and the first time that I have had a problem.
  • Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    Options
    If you have not already done so you definitely want to make an appointment. The Lakeside Apple store is always busy. 
    New Orleans LA
  • RockyTopDW
    Options
    I second Dondgc's recommendation, every apple store is always busy.  contrary to 1911man, apple products are extremely popular due to their dependability, lack of issues, and ease of use over the competition.   
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

but those apple stores ... the only thing I like about them is the exit

Phoenix 
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    1911Man said:

I also never need to connect my phone to a computer for anything. Seems a bit silly (to me) to have to connect it to a specific type of computer in order to activate, or whatever you needed to do. Or drive a stupid number of miles to get help with it.

Neither of those things are true.
    NOLA
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    I second Dondgc's recommendation, every apple store is always busy.  contrary to 1911man, apple products are extremely popular due to their dependability, lack of issues, and ease of use over the competition.   
    I call BS. They are popular because the Cult of Apple followers drank the Kool-aid years ago. Apple could come out with the iTurd and it would be snatched up by the iSHeep. Android forever! (Until Fuschia comes out.)

Okay, this was just a bit tongue in cheek. I have been using PC's since I learned on a TRS 80 back in the 70's. Apple was better for anything graphics oriented for a while, while Microsoft was great for word processing, which was what most businesses used PC's for. Then when Windows grew up a bit, the field was more even. I support thirty Windows 10 PC's and four servers at work, and they are pretty simple. I also am the go to guy for people with issues on their personal phones. Most are simple user errors on the Androids. The iPhonies I let them go to the Apple store and fight with the crowds.
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Sorry to hear about all the trouble man.  On my side I've had several iPhones in a row now, and never had any serious issues with them.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    1911Man said:
    Never had anything like that issue using an Android powered phone... ;) My previous phone, and current one, are direct from Google and unlocked. No bloatware added by the carrier or anything else. I cal also add whatever I want to them without issue (for apps).
    To be clear, I USED to have [cr]apple products. Got rid of my last computer form them around 2012 and the last ipod I had not long after. Don't miss any of that even one bit.
    Are you going to get refunded for the fuel you had to burn to get to that store JUST to restore a device to a functioning state? Didn't think so.
    This post is hilarious.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Dondgc said:
    If you have not already done so you definitely want to make an appointment. The Lakeside Apple store is always busy. 
    Thanks but as I explained to the service agent a few minutes ago this is my only phone. All resolved now with no charge.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    blasting said:

but those apple stores ... the only thing I like about them is the exit

And the fact that the closest one was 87 miles away.  The service was good though.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Yno said:
    I call BS. They are popular because the Cult of Apple followers drank the Kool-aid years ago. Apple could come out with the iTurd and it would be snatched up by the iSHeep. Android forever! (Until Fuschia comes out.)

Okay, this was just a bit tongue in cheek. I have been using PC's since I learned on a TRS 80 back in the 70's. Apple was better for anything graphics oriented for a while, while Microsoft was great for word processing, which was what most businesses used PC's for. Then when Windows grew up a bit, the field was more even. I support thirty Windows 10 PC's and four servers at work, and they are pretty simple. I also am the go to guy for people with issues on their personal phones. Most are simple user errors on the Androids. The iPhonies I let them go to the Apple store and fight with the crowds.
    I had a problem with my Android phone I couldn't fix so I took it to the Android Store...oh wait.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    It is amazing how many windows products need support. I have two brothers in law that make a nice living doing so.