Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Impromptu dinner

Local butcher filet, poached egg, garlic scape salt, and truffle hot sauce finish. Turned out pretty tasty.

Brandon - Ohio

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    That looks freaking delicious! I'm curious about the hot sauce. What's you thoughts on it?
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    That is some kind of ridiculous. Nice meal there  =)
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,726
    Very nice!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• WeberWho said:
    That looks freaking delicious! I'm curious about the hot sauce. What's you thoughts on it?
    The hot sauce was brought to my attention by this team here. I believe @JohnInCarolina was the one that recommended it. I apologize if that is incorrect as I am not 100% sure.

Anywho, it is in my opinion really tasty. This dish was probably not the best application for it, and I overcooked the filet. The hot sauce has a great umami truffle goodness flavor profile with an awesome bit of heat to it without being too overbearing or hot. Really enjoyed it!  This was also the first time using that garlic scape sea salt which was really garlicky and super flavorful!

Brandon - Ohio

• Love anything with an egg perched on top.. Great looking meal..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • WeberWho said:
    The hot sauce was brought to my attention by this team here. I believe @JohnInCarolina was the one that recommended it. I apologize if that is incorrect as I am not 100% sure.

Anywho, it is in my opinion really tasty. This dish was probably not the best application for it, and I overcooked the filet. The hot sauce has a great umami truffle goodness flavor profile with an awesome bit of heat to it without being too overbearing or hot. Really enjoyed it!  This was also the first time using that garlic scape sea salt which was really garlicky and super flavorful!
    Yes, I can claim credit for that hot sauce being introduced to the forum here.  I used it in my truffle brisket mac and cheese recipe.

Glad you liked it!  That plate looks pretty awesome to me.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike