Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled/Smoked desserts for upcoming eggfest

I'm cooking at an eggfest coming up for the first time. I have my appetizer and main item picked out (chorizo and pimento cheese jalepenos poppers, and steak taco with homemade tortillas), but I can't decide on a dessert.

I made a pecan pie bread pudding last weekend as a test, but it was just average. I want to do something different and off the wall. Figured I'd come here for some inspiration. Any ideas?
Large and a MM

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,183
    edited January 2019
    Sticking with the Mexican theme, you could opt for “chocolate burritos” - crepes (or even chocolate crepes) with either custard or ice cream filling, chocolate or caramel sauce and candied, smoked nuts. This will allow a smoked component without overwhelming the dish. If made with custard, you could even roll them in advance. 

If wanting something else, crepes with poached pear, cold smoked old cheddar and a honey-infused whipped cream. 

Edit: A note that these would be best done having been prepped ahead, so if the cook is part of the spectacle (I’ve never been to an Eggfest) they may not be ideal. 
  • S'mores with regular graham crackers & marshmallows  but the kicker is to use
    a Reeses chocolate Peanut Butter cup
    Lrg 2008
    Mini 2009
  • S'mores with regular graham crackers & marshmallows  but the kicker is to use
    That's a great idea. I might try that this weekend. Maybe come up with some kind of sauce to go on top too. Thanks for the idea.
    Large and a MM
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    bigworm said:
    S'mores with regular graham crackers & marshmallows  but the kicker is to use
    That's a great idea. I might try that this weekend. Maybe come up with some kind of sauce to go on top too. Thanks for the idea.
    Popular riff is to use sugar cones filled with marshmallows and chocolate set in a jalapeno popper rack. 
  • Bubba107
    Bubba107 Posts: 11
    Grilled deserts are a great way for the table.