Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Use the nest platform circle?

Options
Do you use the nest platform circle?  We do not want the Egg moving about.  Perhaps it depends if you are cooking on a deck or a cement patio?  I do not get it.  All help is appreciated.

Got a GoFundMe acct my 1st BGE Large

Comments

• marysvilleksegghead
    Options
    I have 2 rectangular pads under my Lrg & mini, mostly for spark arrester/fire prevention.  HTH
    Lrg 2008
    Mini 2009
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Never heard of that thing.  I lay down newspapers, maybe a half inch thick.  Absorbs all the fat and keeps it from getting in the wood deck.  What could possibly go wrong?
    Options
    I have the same round mat that I roll my medium egg up on when cooking. It is easy to store when not in use. The trouble leaving it down all the time if you have a wooden deck is it will trap heat as well as moisture in the summer and stain your deck and/or keep the spot from sun bleaching. Years ago a similar thread had replies with pictures supporting this very problem.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Hiker
    Hiker Posts: 13
    Options
    Ok.  Bottomline.  If you BBQ on cement there is no need.  Cool . thx
    Got a GoFundMe acct my 1st BGE Large