Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Made a porchetta today....un freaking real...

Options
Butterflied a bone in shoulder, trimmed half the fat, seasoned all around and rolled it up and tied it.  White wine in the pan, in direct at 225 for 21 hrs.  This is in my top 3 of items ever made.   Wow

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Looks amazing and porchetta is out of this world! 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    Nice pairing w the rabe and provolone!  There's been talk of that lethal combo around here recently!
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Looks good.

Now where is the recipe so that I can reproduce it!?  :)
  • thetrim
    Options
    Do you have any pics of trimming, rolling, and other prep?
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Looks good.

Now where is the recipe so that I can reproduce it!?  :)
    This was a sort of on the fly type deal

Ingredients are fresh crushed garlic, evoo, a little fennel seed, salt, pepper, parsley,  oregano, a touch of nutmeg believe it or not and red wine vinegar plus some red chili flakes. We made a paste Thats it.   

My apologies, @thetrim no process pics because we had no idea this would turn out so incredible

The keys are  low heat...225 and to coat the butterflied shoulder on all sides and let it sit overnite in fridge

It pulled apart like a shoulder should. Cooked to IT of 197, cut the string off and ooohhhwee it was succulent.   

Drip pan had white wine and the pan drippings were poured over the unshredded version

Broccoli rabe sauteed in olive oil, garlic salt and red chili flakes.  Sliced provolone on sale at Safeway for $1.  Artisan buns tho... 
  • thetrim
    Options
    Fahkin' brilliant, mate!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Options
    Spectacular 
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.