Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wings and football

Decided to make some wings today to snack on while watching football.   We started with 23 whole wings.  Using kitchen shears, I removed the tips and separated the flats from the drumettes, seasoned them with John Henry’s Mohave Garlic rub, then grilled them raised direct (used Woo ring) at 400f until the IT was around 200f.  The skin was crispy and the meat was juicy.  At an IT of ~165f, the skin was soft and fatty feeling, so we cooked them until we liked the skin texture.  We sauced them with Texas Pete’s just before serving them, so the skin would stay crispy.  As you can see, we busted out the good china today.  😂😂

Llano, TX   -  Med and XL BGE’s

Comments

• jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Looks awesome!

How about the game though?  Saints messed up throwing the ball on first down, instead of forcing rams to call a TO. And how do you not call that interference?
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    NIce, they go together well.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • jabam said:
    And how do you not call that interference?
    First off, wings look great. As to the officiating, Saints fans not allowed to complain about officiating unless they also forfeit the NFC Championship win over Vikings.
    Stillwater, MN
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Family favorite in my house and it looks like you nailed it. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Great minds. 

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Game day is about focusing on what’s important, and dishes come way down the list. Solid looking cook
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Looks great - man I like wings on the egg better than fried from the chains.  I really like those too... Just sayin.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • Wings and football, no better combo.