Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sometimes people just supprise you

As as many of you know I’ve been struggling on the road to recover with my last back surgery, which has been disheartening.   

People have reached out, showing me kindness, giving me words of encouragement, even though we’ve never met in person.  This kindness has  meant a great deal to not only myself, but also my wife and daughter.  Just taking my mind of of things, talking bbq, and helping me feel a little better.  

Today, I received a package in the mail, and I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. The gift that we received was beyond anything that we could have imagined. I am beyond amazed at the generosity shown to us, Chef Norah Grace is very excited to start cooking.   

You’ve put a smile on all of our faces,
Ryan 

XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Awesome people on here for sure! 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Me & my family went to the Toronto  eggfest about five years ago and met Little Steven in person.  What a nice guy!  He invited my family to his house for supper the following day and we had a wonderful time!  He & I we’re pretty drunk by the time Wilma drove home.  We left with a number of jars of this great concoction called LaBamba and seven or eight bags of Maple Leaf lump.  Maple Leaf is still my favorite lump.  If you’re ever in the GWN, pick some up.

Sadly Little Steven passed away last year.  He was a big contributor here on the forum and funny as hell!  I miss that diminutive Canuck.
    Excellent post...
    One of my greatest memories at an Eggfest was drinking and smoking a cigar with Little Steven and @Beli. What a night!
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas