Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Divisional Playoff Throwdown Prep Thread - More to Follow

Options
thetrim
thetrim Posts: 11,357
Ladies and Gents,

As the holder of the current Throwdown Crown, I wanted to propose a throwdown for next weekend.

I will post another thread on Friday evening or Saturday morning to post your entries.

The rules are as follows:

1. The meal has to have some sort of tie in (no matter how light or how vague) to one of the eight teams remaining and playing next week. Feel free to justify and/or explain in your post.
2. The main part of the meal is cooked on an Egg or kamado grill.  The whole cook doesn't have to be done on a kamado.
3. Democrat voting rules.  No limit on how often you can vote.  You can "like" multiple entries.
4. Entry with the most "likes" wins.
5. Voting ends at noon on Friday Jan 18th.
6. Winner gets a gift box from me shortly after the voting ends.
7. Above all, have fun, and embrace the spirit of this community event.

More to follow

TRIM
OUT
=======================================
XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
Tampa Bay, FL
EIB 6 Oct 95

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,347
    Options
    Dang- a friggin homework assignment-gotta figure out who are the eight teams.  Then select a themed banquet complete with pics.  I have no f'ing chance but will definitely give it a go.   Gonna be fun-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    Options
    Sat:
    Colts at  Chiefs 1635 NBC (Your buddy Collinsworth - Haha)
    Cowboys at LA Rams 2015 Fox (Prob my buddy Joe Suck, err Joe Buck)

Sun:
    LA Chargers (still weird to say) at Patriots 1305 CBS
    Iggles at Saints 1640 Fox (hope we don't get a double dose of my buddy Joe)
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,347
    Options
    @thetrim - the above was a bit in jest but by definition Collinsworth eliminates two off the top.  And of the 32 NFL teams, the Chargers are at the bottom the food-chain.  So now I am down to five. Makes handicapping the field easier.  Game on next weekend.  Thanks.  Only time of the year I pay attention to the No Fun League. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    No fun league. That earned a chuckle.  =)
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • thetrim
    Options
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95