Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sunday night meatloaf

Options
Mixed up a meatloaf this afternoon, ground beef and pork. Kinda created my own recipe after looking at several. Hit the top lightly with Holy Cow before I put it on at 350. Turned out really good. Sorry but no pics of the final product, it was consumed before I thought about it. Made a glaze from ketchup, brown sugar and apple cider vinegar that I started brushing on about 20 minutes prior to being done. Made some mashed taters from Yukon golds and green beans. 

Comments

• KennyCJR
    KennyCJR Posts: 262
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Nice.  

I’ve been wanting to do a meatloaf, but haven’t gotten around to it.   

We have ~50 lbs of venison and brisket 50/50 mix in the freezer now, so I really don’t have any excuses.   
    Llano, TX   -  Med and XL BGE’s
  • GaBGE
    GaBGE Posts: 556
    Options
    I bet brisket would make a good meatloaf.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Nothing says Happy New Year like Meatloaf and mashed taters. (not sure if you had the taters.......but you know what I mean.)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Looks really good! Nothing better than meatloaf, mashed potatoes and green beans! I need to work on my meatloaf recipe, mine have been just "okay".

Wonder how many folks use a loaf pan of some sort vs just placing the loaf directly on the grid with a drip pan below on the platesetter. I always put mine on the grid so it doesn't stew in its own juice, but I know a lot of guys use pans.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I like meatloaf!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    That looks good. I need to try one. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • OshawaDave
    Options
    looks great.….I love meatloaf on the BGE - especially the nice smoke ring.

Weber Genesis CP310; Weber Q1200 (camping); LBGE.

"If you haven't heard a rumour by 8:30 am - start one"

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Been a while since I've done one. Might have to give it a go this weekend.  @Carolina Q I place mine directly on the grate and use my pizza peel to remove it and bring into the house and place on a cutting board.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    I'm going to commit to finally cooking meatloaf this weekend.
    Thanks for the push!
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas