Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

And with a flick of his finger he sent out a tweet.......

Options
SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
edited January 2019 in Off Topic
And with a flick of his finger he sent out a tweet......
And before their eyes appeared a truck load of meat...

Fellows, I have several pics that I would love to post, but the Buffalo has forbade it. I got a goat and a couple of coons that I’m killing here in a few minutes. I will pick and chose the more humane pics and post some of them as well. But for now;
Merry Meatmas to all......
And to all a good night......
Hope y’all enjoy the very censored pics my friends. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• MeTed
    MeTed Posts: 800
    Options
    Nice!
    Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter
  • SGH
    Options
    MeTed said:
    Nice!
    Thanks. But I wish that I could post the more detailed pics. It would make the post complete.  

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,759
    Options
    Nice, I see so many various food products and forms in the near future
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    What time and temp on a coongoathog? 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Man, just shoot the coons, much more humane.
    Options
    Please tell me you are going to make a hat out of the coon and post it here. That would complete the mental picture we all have. =)

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• SGH
    Options
    Please tell me you are going to make a hat out of the coon and post it here. That would complete the mental picture we all have. =)
    I’m actually going to deep fry one of the coons and bbq the other. I will certainly post the “how to’s” and pics. 

Status- Standing by.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Got to catch them first
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• FlyOverCountry
    Options
    Nice looking comforter.
  • SGH
    Options
    Finally got the meat hung in the cooler. Not going to be cool enough tonight to leave it hanging in the tree. And it’s raining again for the 17th day in a row. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Nice work Scottie.  I’m glad I saw this before it got sunk and you got banned!   
    This one should be fine. As the Buffalo requested, I did not post anything graphic or gory. I may push the envelope a little with the goat though. 

Status- Standing by.

• ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    Crazy that they would have an issue with you showing the process.  For goodness sakes meat doesn’t grow on a tree.    
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    Nice prebarbeque.
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    SGH said:
    thetrim said:
    Nice work Scottie.  I’m glad I saw this before it got sunk and you got banned!   
    This one should be fine. As the Buffalo requested, I did not post anything graphic or gory. I may push the envelope a little with the goat though. 
    When one is going to push the envelope it is best to not announce that one knows they are pushing the envelope... ;)
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Here comes PETA Here comes PETA Here comes PETA Now! 
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Good job Buddy!
  • SGH
    Options
    Good job Buddy!
    Thank you brother. Just wish that I could share the better pics. Oh well, it is what it is. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    The finished pic of the coons. 

Status- Standing by.

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    @SGH - very intrigued by the coon cook. Have more than ample numbers of those fellas around on the farms we hunt.

Typically when we have them we just sell them to a fur buyer in green condition but if they're good eats?
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    I don’t understand how anyone on this forum could get offended by any “butchering” process. It ain’t a vegan forum. I think all of us are ok with dead meat photos.  ;)  Keep the pix flowing. Also intrigued about the raccoons. 
    Neither do I but we've become a society paralyzed by political correctness
    I'm sick of walking on eggshells for fear of offending someone

Stupid
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    I don’t understand how anyone on this forum could get offended by any “butchering” process. It ain’t a vegan forum. I think all of us are ok with dead meat photos.  ;)  Keep the pix flowing. Also intrigued about the raccoons. 

Stupid
    Y’all are complaining about complaints that haven’t actually been made by anyone in this thread.  Just an observation.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    OMG!  I'm calling PETA!!  (People For Eating Tasty Animals)  8 - )
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:

Stupid
    The funny thing tho is that some folks (not accusing you btw) here that complain about "political correctness" run amok are some of the first to run and tell their Mommy if there are any threads here that might be political.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,747
    Options

what did you do with the racoon hands

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SGH
    Options

I cut them off and fed them to the hogs. I never did ask why, but grandpa always said to get rid of them that no good could come from them. 

Status- Standing by.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,747
    Options
    SGH said:

I cut them off and fed them to the hogs. I never did ask why, but grandpa always said to get rid of them that no good could come from them. 
    guy brought a skinned bear cub paw to work here, freaky, send chills up/down your spine
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,759
    Options

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Is Creepy^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    They’d make good back scratchers.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95