Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Day in the Life of TRex Sr. and Son (with lots of PICS)

TRex
TRex Posts: 2,714
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What a day! A beautiful, crisp day down here in Augusta, GA with my folks. In the midst of doing some Christmas decorating, my dad and I threw on 3 racks of baby backs.[p]Here they are prepped with yellow mustard, turbinado, and Dizzy Dust:[p]12-2ribsprepped.jpg[p]And while getting the Egg fired up, I stumbled upon this close encounter of the 3rd kind (take me to your leader):[p]beammeupegg.jpg[p]The smoke is a risin':[p]daisysmoke1.jpg[p]Making a run at being man's new best friend (do you ever "pet" your Egg? okay, forget I asked that):[p]mansbestfriend.jpg[p]What would Eggin' be without a fire in the fire pit?[p]firepitclose.jpg[p]And what a beautiful moon tonight:[p]12-2moon1-1.jpg[p]After 5.5 hours at 250, raising to 300 and saucing during the last hour:[p]12-2ribsonegg.jpg[p]Ready to slice:[p]12-2ribsdone1.jpg[p]Trying to be artistic with pork:[p]12-2ribsdone2.jpg[p]Yummy:[p]12-2ribsdone3.jpg[p]Moist and delicious:[p]12-2ribssliced2.jpg[p]Plated with some of my dad's fabulous slaw:[p]12-2ribsplated.jpg[p]The boneyard - pork carnage:[p]12-2ribscarnage.jpg[p]TRex Sr. cappin' the night off with an Ashton and Dalmore single malt:[p]12-2TRexSr.jpg[p]Yeah, we did some decorating too:[p]12-2treelights.jpg[p]Cheers and Happy Holidays!![p]TRex[p]

Comments