Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggs make successful trip!

Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Mr. Big and Junior are home safely after 3 days in the high country (high for the East anyway!) The large egg was started on Friday afternoon upon arriving to camp, and burned steadily until I shut her down on Sunday. Friday it was 1.5 inch thick ribeyes, with baked taters cooked on junior. The 8.5 pound picnic was ready at noon on Saturday, and lasted approximately 15 minutes before we were chewing on the bones. Then the dutch oven of beans went on junior, and 2 slabs of spares on the large. The ribs were not done until 8:30 pm, but were worth the wait. The beans simmered for 6 hours plus, and were heavenly. Saturday night the brisket went on, and we sliced it up just before hitting the road home. I forgot the bbq sauce which was a major blunder. I brought along a jar of Mrs. Dogs Dangerously Hot Sauce which we almost killed though!! [p]Overall a huge success. My buddies were all crying for mercy after the brisket. I think we ate enough meat to last them a month. Was great being out in the snow, as we have had very little here this year (I know plenty of you have had enough though!) [p]Relaxed and eternally stuffed!
NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments