Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yum Yum Sauce

Just picked this up at my local grocer and have made rice bowls with grilled chicken and steak and am really enjoying it!

A quick search of the web revealed a homemade version would be a fairly simple task. If your looking to change it up or add a sauce to the rotation I highly recommend you try this one :-) 

happy Friday! 
“There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
Coach Finstock Teen Wolf

Comments

• I haven’t found a good home made recipe yet and we’ve tried several. Love the yum yum sauce. Pair it with yoshida’s sauce on chicken and it makes for a great meal on the black stone. 
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    I haven’t found a good home made recipe yet and we’ve tried several. Love the yum yum sauce. Pair it with yoshida’s sauce on chicken and it makes for a great meal on the black stone. 
    Have you tried this one before? I thought it sounded okay. 
    https://www.loavesanddishes.net/yum-yum-sauce/
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    I met Terry Ho in Jamaica, we were both on a Raycom Media trip. Super nice guy. Great sauce!!

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Pretty sure I tried that brand.  Tasted like thousand island dressing to me?
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    I’ve never found a good yum yum sauce that measures up to our hibachi place.  Not in my kitchen either.  I’ll check this out.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Hans61
    edited December 2018
    bgebrent said:
    I’ve never found a good yum yum sauce that measures up to our hibachi place.  Not in my kitchen either.  I’ll check this out.
    If you find a good recipe please share!!

Highly doubt its it’s as good as the hibachi restaurant but still decent! The hibachiI I go to seems to have a richer thicker sauce. 
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • bgebrent
    Hans61 said:
    bgebrent said:
    If you find a good recipe please share!!
    I will. And I’ll try this.  Thank you for sharing.
  • Hans61
    @bgebrent I’ve read many of your food posts over the last few years (and remembering how good and high class they all looked) well now I’m self conscious that you’ll think this sauce is $h1t. I like it but the sauce at the hibachi is better (richer and creamier)

i hope you like it but if you don’t you’re only out 5$ :-) 
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Perfect for fried rice  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • bgebrent
    Hans61 said:
    @bgebrent I’ve read many of your food posts over the last few years (and remembering how good and high class they all looked) well now I’m self conscious that you’ll think this sauce is $h1t. I like it but the sauce at the hibachi is better (richer and creamier)

i hope you like it but if you don’t you’re only out 5$ :-) 
    Brother, we are all here to help each other.  We are in general foodies or those that truly appreciate good food.  Your suggestion that this sauce is worthy rates with me because you’re prior posts also rated.  Keep it up.   I appreciate your presence on the forum brother.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,750
    edited December 2018
    ^^^^^this^^^^^ but full disclosure, I thought this would be a Friday Night Thread 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • bgebrent
    edited December 2018
    lkapigian said:
    ^^^^^this^^^^^ but full disclosure, I thought this would be a Friday Night Thread 
    F the rest of you miscreants.   B)