Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jerky making today

Options
1st time making jerky in the egg
Elkhorn, NE
1 large egg
28" Blackstone
Akorn Jr. 

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,756
    Options
    Looking Good
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • EggMcMic
    EggMcMic Posts: 340
    Options
    Time and temp? Looks good to me!
    EggMcMcc
    Central Illinois
    First L BGE July 2016, RecTec, Traeger, Weber, Campchef
    Second BGE, a MMX, February 2017
    Third BGE, another large, May, 2017
    Added another griddle (BassPro) December 2017
  • Daddyshack
    Options
    I like.  What cut of meat?
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Looks good.  It's difficult trying to dry anything in the egg, the environment is much more humid than a food dryer/dehumidifier.

One option is to smoke he raw meat for a few hours then transfer to your oven put on warm with the door cracked open.
    I echo the question re: time and temp.

Looks tasty!
  • ElkhornHusker
    Options
    I used eye of round, top round and bottom round roasts.  Kept the egg at about 250 degrees,  between 90 minutes to 2 hours for each batch.
    Elkhorn, NE
    1 large egg
    28" Blackstone
    Akorn Jr. 
  • ElkhornHusker
    Options
    Definitely need more grid space when doing this.  Also it is not a good idea to make it and do a phone interview at the same time.  1st batch was charcoal 
    Elkhorn, NE
    1 large egg
    28" Blackstone
    Akorn Jr. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Definitely need more grid space when doing this.  Also it is not a good idea to make it and do a phone interview at the same time.  1st batch was charcoal 
    Sound advice right there. 
  • ElkhornHusker
    Options
    Sound advice right there. 
    Yep, I opened up the daisy wheel before the phone call, about half way through the phone call I thought oh sherlock.  Egg was above 400 degrees and most of what was inside was hockey pucks.  It's a good thing that my FIL believes that one cannot over cook meat as he will get some of the "well done" jerky.  
    Elkhorn, NE
    1 large egg
    28" Blackstone
    Akorn Jr. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    Options
    you can get more on if you pile it in a mound and shuffle a few times during the cook, it also helps with those high temps as the mound protects it some what. spread it out late in the cook.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ElkhornHusker
    Options
    you can get more on if you pile it in a mound and shuffle a few times during the cook, it also helps with those high temps as the mound protects it some what. spread it out late in the cook.
    Thanks 
    Elkhorn, NE
    1 large egg
    28" Blackstone
    Akorn Jr.