Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Pork loin chops

uncbbquncbbq Posts: 165
edited 1:21AM in EggHead Forum
I have two 1" thick pork loin chops for dinner tonight. I was planning a T-Rex approach. Any ideas about that or perhaps another method?
Thanks.

Comments

• uncbbq,
    1 inch is a little thin for t-rex. I'd rub and grill at 450. 3 minutes per side.[p]Paul

• egretegret Posts: 4,110
    uncbbq,
    I do mine direct on a raised grid at 400 degrees. Pull when internal temp. hits 145 degrees.....

• Bobby-QBobby-Q Posts: 1,995
    Essex County,
    You sir are the 400,000th post.[p]Congratulations...you have the respect and adoration of some of the EGG community.

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 22,980
    4a30527f.jpg
    <p />uncbbq,
    this one was canned chillis and cheese, there are lots of combos that would work. something moist incase the pork overcooks a little

[ul][li]boneless chop rollups[/ul]
  • ronbeauxronbeaux Posts: 988
    Bobby-Q,
    Please don't tell me he is going to win a free egg!!!!! I'm always a little late. But if he does, congrats!

• Bobby-QBobby-Q Posts: 1,995
    ronbeaux,
    Nope no prizes...just the admiration of a portion of the EGG community.[p]Toal prize value....$0.00[p]:)

• TRexTRex Posts: 2,714
    pchops05-1.JPG
    <p />uncbbq,[p]Just pull them off no later than 140 - pink pork is good, pink pork is good![p]TRex
  • ronbeauxronbeaux Posts: 988
    Bobby-Q,
    Well I feel better that I didn't, as Maxwell Smart said "Missed it by THAT much!"[p]I also admire your ability to see through my lame attempts to get a free egg. You Da Man! See ya in Florida. I want cabin #10.

• WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    Bobby-Q,
    I was REALLY tryin to make it home in time to claim that...missed it by 4 friggin posts....Hope all is well[p]Wess

• fishlessman,
    That looks awesome. Thanks for the idea. I can't wait to experiment with this!!!

• Bobby-Q,
    Wow! I am honored! And think of the odds. I average about one post a day. Wish I saw this yesterday. I would have bought a lottery ticket![p]Paul

• EdFEdF Posts: 121
    Pink pork is good. By the way, I have "TRex-ed" them after brining for an hour or so. They come out awesome.