Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nothing but Butt, all Butt

The Colonel
The Colonel Posts: 87
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It was a cold freezing rain, sleet, snow,-wasn't fit for man nor beast, but the egg kept on calling. I put on a 7 lb butt at 2130hrs with nothing but mustard on it. No rubs no spices just BUTT!!!
I took it off this afternoon at 1530hrs internal temp 200. WOW what a butt!!!! I think I enjoyed this one as much as the ones with the rubs and different smoke. the ole kiss method.
yours in the egg--The Colonel

Comments

• The Colonel, you confirmed my belief that flexability breeds perfection. I was just telling a new-egger Rob H, a little further down the page, about not being scared to vary techniques, even on accepted, tried and true methods. It's a little scarry, but yagottagoforit!

• King-O-Coals, Actually my wife brought home the butt late, the weather was so bad that I didn't want to go out to the shed and get the mesquite chips so I just threw the thing on and wow is it ever goooood.
    yours in the egg--The Colonel

• Same here. We had a nice butt tonight. The kids loved it. So did the wife. Put a little "Pecan Rub" on it and a few chunks of pecan. Great!

• mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    the colonel,[p]if my rememory serves me correct - about 18:30 hr. there was a promise from your house to bring me a sandwich - i am waiting

See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • Mr. Toad, I feel for you O Master of the Loin..Anybody that affirms Naked Butts in his cooker should share..But secretly, between you and me..I too agree that one should go with bare bones cooking once in a while to see what meat really tastes like..If you quote me,,I will deny it. Hey, How about those Ram's, and Kurt Warner. I think he learned to toss a football by throwing Iowa ears of corn..or sumptin...heeeee. C~W

• Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    Char-WoodyI ,[p]Now if we could just get y'all to do one REALLY bare by leaving even the mustard off:~) [p]I have started doing plain meat more often due to the wife's delicate stomach. It has helped her enjoy the meal much more and to my surprise I think I like it better myself....most especially when it comes to ribs.[p]That Kurt and his Rams did a GREAT job....Yeah Baby!

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Bob, So did the Titans.. it was a beautiful classic for a Super Bowl game. And I hope the injured player is o.k. Hate to see those things happen.
    Another quarter and it could have been a turnaround..but hurrah,,,my team won..Thanks Rams.
    C~W[p]