Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Woe is me! My wife picks on me!

Options
Sundown
Sundown Posts: 2,980
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Am I the only one out here whose wife kids him unmercifully about his Big Green Egg? She like to ask me to talk "Green Egg" to her when I'm doing a cook. "Tell me what kind of smoke goes with _____." "Tell me how fire bricks work."
Of course she's kidding but... It doesn't take much for her to wade into whatever comes off the Egg! "Honey, how does a Polder work?"
Woe is me!
Leg of lamb is on and will be done in an hour or so. Simple, rosemary, oil and garlic.[p]Carey

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Sundown, ya got it made in the "egg"..:-)
    Enjoy..!!

• MAC
    MAC Posts: 442
    Options
    Sundown,
    Just teach her how to Q on the EGG and that will all stop. Ya know get her hooked too. My wife is doing her first grill this afternoon on the new small. We are also doing lamb with oil, rosemary, garlic and balsomic vinegar. I will supervise of course.

• MAC
    MAC Posts: 442
    Options
    MAC,
    P.S. After 30 somethng years if she still talks to you like that YOU are a lucky guy. Now teach HER how to "Q"

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    MAC,
    Pretty soon she'll want her own egg..... JCA

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    cake.jpg
    <p />Sundown,
    Not only do my wife and kids tease me about how much i'm into the egg and the forum, but my sister-in-law has jumped on the band-wagon. I just added a mini to my arsenal and she made this cake to celebrate. Of course, she had to come eat some porterhouse steaks cooked on, you guessed it the egg, when she delivered it. The whole family is not only enjoying the great food cooked on the BGE, but we are having a lot of fun along the way.

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Chuck, That is beautiful...and you have it pretty well nailed down..We be here for the fun..and to be helpful. Glad you decided to hang yer hat here.
    Cheers to ya..
    C~W
    (BTW, I sneak this in, my ribs are great tonight):-)

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Chuck,[p]That is awesome. And very original, too. Your next challenge is to make BGE cake in the BGE...[p]Cornfed
  • Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    Cornfed,
    My wife is already afraid that i'm going to try to smoke spagetti. Wait till I tell her i'm doing cake...... (:-)

• Sippi
    Sippi Posts: 83
    Options
    Chuck,
    There is actually a spaghetti recipe using pulled pork in Smoke and Spice. I'd suggest her birthday or your anniversary in that pulled pork takes a lot of time and neeeds to be a specia;l occasion.

• Pug
    Pug Posts: 57
    Options
    Sundown,
    I know "egg"acally what you mean. My wife teases that I am part of some kind of cult that worships a little green budda. I of course, only have a medium "budda green egg" but looking to expand with the tax return.[p]Steve