Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Christmas Beef Tenderloins

Options
I'm being brought back in town for the third year in a row on tenderloin duty for mama's Christmas party. Each year I've been handed two tenderloins with high expectations of me, so I'm always a little nervous given the price and number of people at the party. Past two years I've gone in without too much thought given time pressures. Tied the end, rubbed in olive oil, seasoned with salt and pepper and grilled direct at 400 - 425, flipping once for about 45 minutes. I think my final temps were 123 and 125 degrees. Came out delicious and I barely got to eat any of it. 

Having been informed in advance this time, I have more time to think about it, which is good because this is one piece of meat I don't think I have any idea what I doing with.. Any good/safe tips on a large egg? Wondering about seasoning, temp, flipping. When I'm grilling a strip or filet, I normally sear at about 650, kill the heat and cook at 350 till medium, medium rare. Nervous to incorporate a sear for the party though, don't want to overcook. 

Comments