Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT First Blue OT

Options
I just caught my first Blue Marlin down here in Mexico.
We estimate the weight at 225-250#.
I fought it for a little more than an hour. It had me down to the backing at least 4x before sounding and getting tail wrapped.
We had to haul it up by hand after it died.
The captain and his family will put the meat to good use. His mother has a restaurant. I may have some when we stop by later this week.
It was hooked about 20nm off Zihuatanejo MX.
It was the only strike we had all day. Needless to say, I wasn"t up for anymore reeling, which was fine with me.
SE PA
XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,766
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Nice and thanks for sharing! caught Plenty of striped , had a blue on the hook last month and lost it---the Bisby Tournament brought in a 550 pounder
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Nice catch.  Thanks for sharing!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Did you tell Andy and Red, "Hi" when you were down there? 

Nice haul!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    I just caught my first Blue Marlin down here in Mexico.
    We estimate the weight at 225-250#.
    I fought it for a little more than an hour. It had me down to the backing at least 4x before sounding and getting tail wrapped.
    We had to haul it up by hand after it died.
    The captain and his family will put the meat to good use. His mother has a restaurant. I may have some when we stop by later this week.
    It was hooked about 20nm off Zihuatanejo MX.
    It was the only strike we had all day. Needless to say, I wasn"t up for anymore reeling, which was fine with me.
    my first was 210/220. we were so excited we hauled him in the boat green. stuck that bill through my buddies Nikes and his foot into the deck. we thought he was screaming in excitement till we saw all the blood on the deck.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Glad she has a restaurant, don't think that beast would even fit on an XL!!  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• pescadorzih
    Options
    Caught dinner the other day.

SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset