Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2008 Acadia

GrillSgt
GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
Purchased Nov. 2007. I drive this as my farm vehicle and it currently has about 90K on it. It's been a POS since I bought it with all sort of ergonomic flaws. Transmission came loose a few times until GM figured it was mounted with the wrong size bolt. I used to trade every 3 years but I decided a few years ago that I am going to drive it until we close down, probably 5-6 more years. Mostly because the wife keeps asking when I'm getting a new vehicle. The reason I posted is the battery is starting to get a bit weak, it's the original. I've never had a battery last that long.

Comments

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    GrillSgt said:
    Purchased Nov. 2007. I drive this as my farm vehicle and it currently has about 90K on it. It's been a POS since I bought it with all sort of ergonomic flaws. Transmission came loose a few times until GM figured it was mounted with the wrong size bolt. I used to trade every 3 years but I decided a few years ago that I am going to drive it until we close down, probably 5-6 more years. Mostly because the wife keeps asking when I'm getting a new vehicle. The reason I posted is the battery is starting to get a bit weak, it's the original. I've never had a battery last that long.
    that's impressive. 4 years is tops most of the time.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • GrillSgt
    I didn't even know where it was. It's under the floor board between front passenger and rear passenger.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    edited November 2018
    My last battery lasted two weeks on the beater Lumina. Leaking acid. Brought it back in and got a replacement. Dead a week later. This time the battery wasn't leaking anything. I think it's my power lock switch going bad. Installing a new power switch this weekend and charging the new battery. I wish I could get 11 years out of a battery. Hell, I'd take anything more than 3 weeks at this point....
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    I had a 2008 Acadia. Worst purchase I've ever made...  horrible car.   We're back to being a Ford Family - F150 and Expedition.
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    My 1997 Expedition just turned 200,000 miles. Driving it until it is no longer capable.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    i hope my current one lasts that long, not sure i can get it out without removing the hood.  with the 89 dodge it was every 2 to 3 years over 30 years time
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    edited November 2018
    Had a 2012 Acadia.  Was a major POS.  Turned me off GM.  Was in the shop all the time and stranded me on a road trip.  Was never so glad to get rid of a car.

The battery lasted longer than the last 2 alternators though.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited November 2018
    My sister had an Acadia and couldn't get rid of it fast enough. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    I got 116k miles on the factory BF Goodrich tires that came on my 2010 FJ.  Guy at the tire shop came out and took a picture when I had them replaced.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    I've had 2 GMC's both Sierra. I won't have a 3rd unless GM shows up at my door with a free one..and they still agree to cover all repairs in the future.

Purchased a 2006 GMC certified with only 40k miles on it...started having problems one week after purchase..

Apparently the truck had been on fire, and all the electronics replaced. Rear end went out 2 months into purchase..
    Quickly traded for my dodge
  • GrillSgt said:
    I didn't even know where it was. It's under the floor board between front passenger and rear passenger.
    11 years is impressive no matter how you slice it. I have heard that batteries that are located inside the car, protected from extreme temps can extend the life, but even so, your battery seems to be an outlier. Are they still putting Delco brand batteries in GM products? Or at least in '07?
  • GrillSgt
    I will tell you tomorrow when we change it. It still cranks enough to start but barely. 

This is is definitely the worst vehicle I have ever owned. The wife had a Vega when I met her. It was worse. 
  • GrillSgt
    Warm today, probably won't change the battery until Monday now. Squeeze it for all it's worth.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• GrillSgt
    Tech says original. AC Delco. Looks brand new.