Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Which Remote Thermometer?

Options
Bigfoot
Bigfoot Posts: 154
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi Everyone![p]I had a Maverick ET - 7 Remote thermometer. It died on Thanksgiving after several years of use (I think the last sudden rain storm on an overnighter did it).[p]I liked it ok, it had two probes which was nice but the remote never really worked. Is there a better one out there? WHat do you all use?[p]THANKS!

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Bigfoot,
    I have been using a Nu-Temp 701 for many years and it has held up fine...only has one probe, but I seem to remember you can add extra sending units to it. Been quite a while since I used it thanks to the BBQ Guru...Here`s an e bay link[p]Wess

[ul][li]NU-Temp[/ul]
  • Bigfoot
    Bigfoot Posts: 154
    Options
    WessB,[p]THANKS!!!!!! I really appreciate it - I bought it off of that link.
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    BIgfoot,
    As of late I have the monitor sitting on table in our living room and the probe outside..I constantly know indoor and outdoor temps...and can easily move the probe and sending unit when using for a cook....So it`s not something that has to get thrown in a drawer when you are not cooking...Just an idea...Good luck...[p]Wess