Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Butt's done

Carl T
Carl T Posts: 179
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Butt_on_bricks.jpg
<p />First but with JJ's rub. Took it off the Large at 200 internal and getting ready to pull it. The egg held temp like a champ thru the night. I stirred it gently when I went to bed around 1:00 am and at six this morning, the dome temp was right at my desired 240. The aroma is heavenly. In answer to C-W, it cooked very evenly. The bottom's appearance is very similar to the top.[p]Now it's time to get the ingredients for JJ's dipping sauce.[p]Carl T

Comments

• Redneck
    Redneck Posts: 20
    Carl T,[p]What Liquid did you use in the drip pan at the beginning. It appears from your Photo that the contents have been evaporated.[p]How many times did you have to re-fill the drip pan. [p]Sorry rookie BGE'er (Haven't tackled a Butt Yet ).[p]Redneck

• Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    Carl T, You will have enough for about three sandwiches by the time you sample while pulling. (In my experience any way). Looks like you got it down pat. enjoy Painter

• Carl T
    Carl T Posts: 179
    Redneck,[p]I don't put anything in the drip pan. I make a foil pan to collect the drippings to keep them from smothering the low fire and to keep my egg clean. IMHO, I don't think you need liquids with the egg.[p]Carl T

• MickeyT
    MickeyT Posts: 607
    Carl,[p]Gol dang Carl, if that don't look yummy. If I wasn't leavin for Vegas tomorrow, I'd do one myself. 200 is the magic number for great pulled pork. How long was the cook? I have 2 butts at the 6 pound range in my freezer right now.[p]Yee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!! Pulled pork sammies................[p]Mick

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Carl T, Wonderful, now next time you do a whole bird, do it the same way, or as close to it as possible..your bird will turn out just as nice. All evenly cooked and textured.
    Enjoy..
    C~W[p]