Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turkey Day Appetizers Needed!

We land early Wednesday morning at the Sister-in-Laws, yet I've been tasked with making some appetizers for a "Heavy Happy Hour" for that evening... So, I don't have a lot of time to shop, prep, and smoke...and it's already gonna be tight in the kitchen as the BIL is an Executive Chef for work... so looking at fast, easy and yummy ideas. 

My current leader is "Smoked Pigs on a Beach" - large shrimp skewered around a slice of kielbasa sausage, then dusted and smoked. 

Got anything to beat that?
Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
2 Large BGE's, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a gas smoker...
Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Your selection is outstanding. I make ABTs filled with a tex mex dip. Heavy is the word.
    Good luck.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • vb4677
    vb4677 Posts: 686
    edited November 2018
    So.. the "Other" SIL just announced she's bringing a buffalo chicken dip...so, the BIL and I decided I'm going back to making straight up ABT's since his plan was to make a bunch of various meat skewers!  #thisfamily

Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
    2 Large BGE's, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a gas smoker...
    Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...
  • Bacon wrapped pickled watermelon rinds w/ a touch of rub
    www.oldsouth.com
    Lrg 2008
    Mini 2009
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Give pig shots a look.  You can use the kielbasa and they are easier to make than the ABT's. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap said:
    Give pig shots a look.  You can use the kielbasa and they are easier to make than the ABT's. 
    I’m usually bringing ABT’s to our family/friend gatherings, which are always devoured. First time I brought pig shots eyes lit up and I thought my uncle was going to cry. That’s the reaction you want.

Moink balls are another homerun and super easy.