Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Platesetter warranty

Options
Has anyone ever had BGE replace a platesetter that broke?  Mine cracked in half (on its own) and I sent pictures to my dealer b/c they said they would submit my request for BGE review and replace under the 1 year warranty.  Its been a couple weeks and I still haven't heard back.  Is this normal?

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,741
    Options
    its 3 years on the warranty, go visit the dealer
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    You don't need approval from BGE on that, just bases and domes require approval.  Everything else is approved by the distributor.

3 years on ceramic accessories.
  • Cincyjungle
    Options
    Wow.  My distributor has dragged this out for a month now telling me everytime I reach out for an update they are still waiting for BGE to respond to them.  I haven't been able to use my Egg for a month b/c I am waiting for a response/replacement. 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Wow.  My distributor has dragged this out for a month now telling me everytime I reach out for an update they are still waiting for BGE to respond to them.  I haven't been able to use my Egg for a month b/c I am waiting for a response/replacement. 

Is that the only way you use your egg? You could try some other styles of cooking. The egg is very adaptable. Don't limit yourself just to using it as a smoker/pizza oven. To me that's actually one of the lesser reasons why I bought it.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Call the mothership and ask for Bruce! I do that about 3 days after filing a claim, speeds things up.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    edited November 2018
    Options
    By your name, I assume you're in Cincinnati.  If so, try Wardway Fuels or the Ace Hardware in Montgomery by 275.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• dstearn
    dstearn Posts: 1,702
    Options
    Has anyone ever had BGE replace a platesetter that broke?  Mine cracked in half (on its own) and I sent pictures to my dealer b/c they said they would submit my request for BGE review and replace under the 1 year warranty.  Its been a couple weeks and I still haven't heard back.  Is this normal?
    Contact Bruce and he can send you an email to provide your dealer. That is what I did to have my CI grate replaced.
  • Cincyjungle
    Options

Unfortunately, Wardway is the dealer dragging their feet.

• Cincyjungle
    Options

TEXASBGE2018             - I do use my egg as  grill as well.  It just bothers me that the service experience is so poor.  I feel like this is being drug out so "someone" doesn't have to deal with it. 

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options

TEXASBGE2018             - I do use my egg as  grill as well.  It just bothers me that the service experience is so poor.  I feel like this is being drug out so "someone" doesn't have to deal with it. 

Oh, I agree with you. This is one of the crappy things about some BGE dealers. I just would hate for you to miss out on using the egg because your dealer is a jerk. I am not positive of your exact location but going to the BGE website and doing a dealer search there are 10 Gold Dealers within a 15mile radius or so of Cincinnati. There appears to be an Ace Hardware just on the other side of the Ohio river in Newport, KY. I'm sure they would be more than happy to help you. It appears there is another Ace about 5 or 6 miles from the Wardway you mentioned that would also probably be willing to help you.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    edited November 2018
    Options
    @Cincyjungle
    Try Don Marcum Pool Care.  They should be able to help you out:

http://www.donmarcumspoolcare.net/copy-of-green-egg-smoker
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options

Unfortunately, Wardway is the dealer dragging their feet.

Like others have said, you can seek out another dealer for help. 
    It will be to your benefit to find one that will help you out. You WILL need them again in the future.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • g37
    g37 Posts: 450
    Options
    I feel your warranty pain. I’ve been trying to warranty my base for month or so.  My dealer wants to charge me freight for my base.  I’ve tried Ace and they were no help.  I’m trying one more place. If this doesn’t work I’ll just keep cooking on it till it breaks. After it breaks I’ll probably get a different grill.   
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii
  • smittydog27
    Options
    another vote for Don Marcum Pool Care.  The ACE in newport is _ss.
    Also might try the McCabe Do it Center in Madeira or Montgomery.