Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Peace Out

Options

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Honestly I’ve not been on consistently so maybe my sampling is off.  Blake has been a real positive for me.  I’ll miss him.  Appreciate your feedback.  Hope you’re right.  Unconvinced.
    All you’ve got to do is scroll the first two pages of the forum and see what is cooking related and what is not. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Honestly I’ve not been on consistently so maybe my sampling is off.  Blake has been a real positive for me.  I’ll miss him.  Appreciate your feedback.  Hope you’re right.  Unconvinced.
    All you’ve got to do is scroll the first two pages of the forum and see what is cooking related and what is not. 
    Pro tip  ;)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Having been on here a little less than a year as one of the forum “newbies” I have to say overall my experience has been positive. Sure there are characters on here that bug the ever loving piss outta me but there are tons that I’ve truly enjoyed talking to. I do wish there were a few more cooking posts and less “lets see who I can piss off posts” but if it was all cooking all the time it would get boring. I am however excited to see what you fine folks can do with Thanksgiving and Christmas cooks. 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    IMO the problem are those that insist on interjecting politics in a non-political thread. I know there are those that will think that is hypocritical but in reality I never do that. Now once someone does I jump in. This is different than starting a thread with a political bent. If politics were kept in those type of threads only it would be easier for those that don’t want to partake to do so. Again just my opinion. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    I've always found it pretty easy to avoid threads that are of no interest or contain "triggers".
    Unfortunately, that appears not to be a universally available skillset.
    I don’t think I’ve ever complained about a thread here.  I don’t get it.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    I've always found it pretty easy to avoid threads that are of no interest or contain "triggers".
    Unfortunately, that appears not to be a universally available skillset.
    I don’t think I’ve ever complained about a thread here.  I don’t get it.
    Snowflakes, everywhere I look, snowflakes...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL
    In memory of you brother Husker, I’m breaking out the Taylor Of Old Bond Steeet collection tonight. Shave often and early my friend. 

I’m doning the shaving overalls as well. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• chrisc133
    Options
    I follow Blake on Instagram...hope to still see his cooks. 
    Augusta, GA
    #BGETEAMGREEN member
    MiniMax, Large, XL BGE
    Featured on Man Fire Food Season 7
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    That’s a shame.

This being said, it appears he was last active at 4:52pm - a full 8.5hrs after “peacing out”. We may still see him around yet. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    This used to be a much less friendlier place.   Why leave now?   

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • bgebrent
    Options
    chrisc133 said:
    I follow Blake on Instagram...hope to still see his cooks. 
    He said he’ll remain on IG.  His cooks are amazing.  Still get it.  And Blake is no snowflake.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Had fun on a disagree run. :o
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Does this have to do with No Nut November? 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    No.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Why would anyone ever subject themselves to such a thing? 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

#neverforget
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    ^^^ That's No Nut Now and Forever. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    bgebrent said:

#neverforget
    You make light of his departure.  It is a true loss to the forum.  This comedic post is evidence.  No lemonades or pizzas.  Bread and sourdough and the list goes on.  Blake will be missed.  At least by me.
    No jokes here Brent, not at all.  On the contrary, I found this gif and tears came to my eyes my friend.  Tears and... bleach.  
  • GATraveller
    Options
    Nipple tacos.....it's what's for dinner. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • bgebrent
    Options
    I’ll miss Blake here.  I’ll keep up with him elsewhere.  Peace out.
  • GATraveller
    Options
    I follow on Instagram. Have always enjoyed his posts here and yonder. 

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Man it's like a funeral in here.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    I always felt like I had something in common with @NPHuskerFL

Really after 17k posts your out?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options

*you're*
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    DMW said:

*you're*

DMW said:

*you're*
    Maybe that’s what he had in common with him?
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    DMW said:

*you're*
       You're right I should up my grammar game on the BBQ forum, I am sure that was a unintelligible statement until you corrected me. I apologize for being lazy.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.