Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pan pizza last Sunday...

Morning All:

I got back to town on Saturday afternoon after being in Tallahassee since Tuesday volunteering with OperationBBQRelief...what an experience...during those few days we put out about 100,000 meals just at our location & the Panama City location did even more...however after handling close to 2,500 pork butts during that time I really didn't want to eat BBQ on Sunday evening so went with a deep, dish pizza...started with the dough topped with 8 oz of shredded mozzarella, then 8 oz of white pizza sauce plus some of my BBQ sauce...

topped that with a pound of ground beef, some pepperoni, some salami, some ham & some bacon bits & a few banana peppers, plus some more BBQ sauce...

Next was another 8 oz of shredded mozzarella & then on the Egg indirect at about 425...

About 30 minutes later it is ready to come off...

Love the cheese "gasket" & all the other goodness!

I would prefer that there never be another need for OBBQR, but if there is & you have the chance to volunteer please do so...you won't regret it & will be amazed at their operation & efficiency.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Awesome pie and thank you for your OBR service!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Jay, were you able to lift that pie by yourself or did Kathy have to help? =) 

Good work with OBR. I can't imagine what it must be like from any perspective, victims, first responders, rescue workers, utility crews, Police, Fire, volunteers, etc. Overwhelming to say the least.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,717
    Very nice!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• Great looking pie and thanks for your work with OBR
    Franklin, TN LBGE
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,500
    Morning @Carolina Q

I was able to carry the pizza by myself (though Kathy & MomT did help eat it)...the whole OBR experience was a bit overwhelming but totally worth the effort (my "butt" was REALLY dragging by Saturday).

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL