Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What was the best thing you ate at Eggtoberfest 2018?

Options
What was the best thing you had? I was too busy cooking to make the rounds to all of the other tables. We made Smoked Venison Chili and Peach/Apple Cobbler. It seemed to be a hit (went through 6 pans of each). Someone said there were grilled moonpies somewhere? 

Comments

• Kevinboatright
    Kevinboatright Posts: 278
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Smoked Pork Belly on the donut with a pickle. 
    Atlanta, GA 

LBGE, Mini-Max, Mini, 1995 BGE Chiminea, 22" Blackstone, Weber Genesis E-310. 
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Anything out of the European tent......lamb chops, the mussels, etc.  WOW.  
  • cantxaggie
    Options

The breakfast fattie.  But the Euro tent was great.  Saw the moonpies but didn't get any.  And the maple bacon grilled cheese was a winner.

Since they don't put out recipe cards anymore, is there a plan to put the recipes out?

Lithia, FL

Large BGE, BGE Mini-Max and a table project I'm really going to start
  • mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 780
    Options
    I am looking for the meat loaf recipe - thanks - Mr. Toad 
    See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options

The breakfast fattie.  But the Euro tent was great.  Saw the moonpies but didn't get any.  And the maple bacon grilled cheese was a winner.

Missed that grilled cheese--didn't want to stand in line.  :anguished:

Didn't see the moonpies and can't remember if I had the fattie or not.  Over by the stage, someone had meatballs or fattie that had cornbread and cheese in them.  I meant to go back there and find out more, but so much going on it's easy to forget!
  • Gallowayja
    Options
    I liked it better when they put out the recipe cards. It gave me new stuff to experiment with on food that I actually tried and liked. 
  • Kevinboatright
    Options
    I noticed in the magazine that came with the goodie bag, you can purchase a recipe book from EggtoberFest 2018.  Not sure what page it was on but towards the back. 
    Atlanta, GA 

LBGE, Mini-Max, Mini, 1995 BGE Chiminea, 22" Blackstone, Weber Genesis E-310. 
  • chabs
    chabs Posts: 14
    Options
    The pulled pork egg rolls and the candied bacon chicken by Grillin & Chillin were some of our favorites. The rabbit sausage pizza over by the europeans was also at the top of our list.
  • BigRedBuckeye
    Options
    Pork belly bites with agave chile, from the Mexico group.
  • grilldad
    Options
    Bull and Boar custom meatloaf!
    Orlando, Hunters Creek  FL with a XL "I gave my BGE Chantix but it just wont quit smokin...."

"Not a Chef, but I love to cook.. Sometimes I get a hug and sometimes my wife says unrepeatable things in another language....."
  • Rogory
    Rogory Posts: 31
    Options
    I loved the Tomahawk Ribeye's, I went back several times. I wanted to grab one of those bones to gnaw on like other people were doing, but I didn't want to embarrass my wife....LOL
    1 Large and 1 Mini, In Greenville,SC