Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Any BBQ recommendations for Savannah, GA?

After the Eggtoberfest we are heading to Savannah for a few days. Any BBQ recommendations while we are there?

Comments

• kersh13
    kersh13 Posts: 23
    Never eaten BBQ while in Savannah, but I would like to recommend getting a cocktail at Artillery and the food at The Vault is incredible. 
    Large Egg circa '06 model.

Athens, GA

• epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,168
    edited October 2018
    We've had both Sandfly at the Streamliner and Wiley's Championship BBQ in Savannah and both were OK, not exceptional, but still good. If you are driving in, on I-16 at a little place called Metter is Jomax BBQ right off the interstate, and it is very good and worth a stop. 
    While you did not ask about other places, there are so many good eats in Savannah, but I will mention three of our favorites...Number one, and our favorite of all time is Mrs. Wilkes, only open for lunch, and only takes cash, and it is family style where you sit at a big table with others and pass around delicious southern cooking by the bowl full. Get there early and get in line, well worth it.
    Also, driving out toward Tybee Island is a place called The Crab Shack...very good and fresh seafood. It is a bit touristy, but still good.
    Also in Savannah Zunzi's...try the Oliver's Lunch...very good, and different.
    The Old Pink House is very good, kinda pricey and more fancy than the others I mentioned.
    Do get some ice cream at Leopolds while there. Good stuff.
    So many other choices, so little time.
  • Not BBQ, but Treylor Park had an awesome menu and drinks. Have fun!
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    I grew up near Savannah over in small town South Carolina......have been away from the area for quite a few years. Never knew it for its BBQ cuisines. That said, if you are a fan of the movie "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil".....hit up Clary's for a great little dinner experience. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • I'll 2nd Treylor Park - we had a great lunch and drinks there back in the Spring.  Ate dinner at Cotton & Rye - awesome too.  Two Tides brewing had some good beer that we sampled as well!  Savannah has lots to choose from!
    Stuart
    Burlington/Alamance County, NC
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    B's Cracklin BBQ is great!!  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    If you go any further south down the coast then you should stop into Southern Soul BBQ on St. Simon's Island.  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA