Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Going south real quick, (it's Friday)

How are a : and ; used in composition.
Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

Comments

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited September 2018
    Don’t know: don’t care;  =)

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    How are a : and ; used in composition.
    C'mon now, don't leave us hanging; where's the punch line?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    I went to the local butcher and purchased a lot of meat: brisket, ribs, pork chops, and a whole tenderloin. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    edited September 2018
    I know few math majors, but no English majors.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • This is pretty advanced sh!t for this forum. 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
    1. A semicolon is most commonly used to link (in a single sentence) two independent clauses that are closely related in thought. ...
    2. Use a semicolon between two independent clauses that are connected by conjunctive adverbs or transitional phrases.

Google can be your friend; as can Bing.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120

Image result for semi truckImage result for colon innards
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • Being born and raised in the South........I hate the saying "going south" as a derogatory term.  That is all.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • dmchicago said:
    Being born and raised in the South........I hate the saying "going south" as a derogatory term.  That is all.
    Wars have consequences. 🤣
    Savage AF

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    Still waiting for the punchline!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited September 2018
    dmchicago said:
    Being born and raised in the South........I hate the saying "going south" as a derogatory term.  That is all.
    Wars have consequences. 🤣
    Nam?
    Actually, after some reading, the phrase originated in the 12th century.  Guess I need to find something/someone else to hate.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,821
    TN_Egger said:

@TN_Egger I wish that's what they would taught that in hi school. That I would have remembered. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • TN_Egger said:

I recognize the KW but what is the brown stuff in the other photo?
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    TN_Egger said:

I recognize the KW but what is the brown stuff in the other photo?
    The one on the left is a semi, the one on the right is a colon.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    A colon is used to repeat a phrase of music:

A semicolon is not used in music composition.  

I've been working feverishly all week to put together a "kneeboard" to prep a Brigadier General at a HHQ meeting next Monday morning.  Got in the room this afternoon with my boss, my bosses boss, my bosses bosses boss, my bosses bosses bosses boss, a full Colonel, the Complex Deputy Commander, in the hottest office on the base (corner office, facing south and west, mid-nineties today, and she had a damn heater running in her office!!)  30 minute meeting ran 1:45 (and I never even spoke!), then they decided to prebrief the General at 2:30, and at 3:45 we "little people" were told to leave.  
    Was gonna shoot some photography tonight, but instead I'm laying on the floor and drinking beer heavily in the A/C.  Gonna be going to work at 0500 Monday to start calling some people on the East Coast, but for now.... 

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Botch
    ... and speaking of semis:

Old truckers never die, they just get a new Peterbilt!  

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week!  Try the halibut, just for the helluvit!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Do you recognize this semi? 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791

It’s from BJ and the Bear. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Do you recognize this semi? 

The survival rate in a front end crash must have been near zero.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Here is a great quote that appeals to both the Obama and Trump haters at the same time.  It is also an excellent use of the semicolon.

When I was a boy I was told that anyone could become President; I’m beginning to believe it. – Clarence Darrow

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Botch

The survival rate in a front end crash must have been near zero.
    Not at all.  The driver is up so high that he clears most collisions (as long as he/she's buckled in).  A VW bus, on the other hand...

Interesting story about these trucks.  When the Minuteman III missile launch sites were originally designed, the "cab-above" tractor design, shown above, were popular and used to design the minimum size of the MMIII sites:

The tractor had to back a specialized semitrailer into the site, and back into the locking mechanism at the side of the silo, the trailer "erected" (a huge source of humor to us immature missileers) to lower the missile into/out of the silo:

This worked fine for decades, until the trucking industry went to the "cab-behind" (I don't think thats the correct term, too many brain cells ago):

Doesn't look like much of a change, but that tractor doesn't offer enough clearance to back a transporter/erector up to a missile silo!  
    The Air Force now had to decide whether to procure a fleet of unique, old-style "Cab-over" tractors (wipe the drool off your chin, Boeing/Lockheed!!), or just slightly enlarge the size of thousands of missile launch sites (wipe the drool off your chin, hundreds of local lawyers/civil contractors/farmers!)  
    I was transferred to completely unrelated fields, and have no idea what was done in this situation.  So it goes.   

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    @Botch Did you just reveal some highly classified intel?  Do we need to revoke your clearance?   B)
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    TN_Egger said:
    @Botch Did you just reveal some highly classified intel?  Do we need to revoke your clearance?   B)

Yeah, if I went to cocktail parties, I'd repeat the heck out of that story.

Phoenix 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,166
    @Botch - all those people for a briefing to a one-star???  He/she must have the purse strings otherwise seems like over-kill to me.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.