Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need to expand my cooking rack

Options
I have a large BGE and looking to expand my racks to cook more food. Would like to know what type of multi- level racks you use that fit on top of the plate setter.

Comments

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited August 2018
    Options
    ceramicgrillstore.com Paging @tjv

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    Most folks on here will recommend the CGS Adjustable Rack or the PSWoo with Extension. I currently have the PSWoo with Extension and like it. Looking back though I would probably have gotten the Adjustable Rack.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• bikesAndBBQ
    Options
    I use a smaller grill grate propped up with two bricks.  Gets the job done for cheap. 
    Pittsburgh, PA. LBGE
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    Options
    Here’s the site you need to visit, link I provided is the page that describes the different rack systems.  Check it out then follow up with any questions, better yet give them a call to discuss what would work best for you.  

https://ceramicgrillstore.com/pages/ceramic-grill-accessories-egg-kamado-joe-vision-pit-boss-primo
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    ceramicgrillstore.com Paging @tjv
    The ONLY place to buy that sort of thing. And if you aren't sure what you need, call Tom, the owner, and tell him what you're trying to accomplish. He will tell you exactly what you need. No upsell.  940-387-0100

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    Options
    I have 2 adjustable rigs now one for each egg and highly recommend them  there is no better system out there.  I saw the new big green egg one last weekend and the CGS stuff is much better.

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    Since you have the PS (as do I) I went with the PSWoo and extender.  A great set-up, linked here:

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    On my LBGE I have both the PSWoo, Spider and the AR Combo (it included the Spider)

For the MIniMax I have the Woo as well as a 10" stone since I didn't purchase the MM PlateSetter.

It can get very confusing but as @lousubcap they know their stuff and are very willing to help. So just call them. I did and spent several minutes asking questions as I worked out what I needed/wanted.

Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I just posted this in another thread, but wanted to add it here as well...

I placed an order with CGS at about 1:45PM this afternoon, got a confirmation email at 1:46PM and a notice of shipment at 2:40PM! Awesome service!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• vb4677
    vb4677 Posts: 686
    Options
    I love CGS and have a few things from them. (Even visited the store!) But if you are looking for a cheaper alternative, get four 4"-5" bolts, some washers and nuts, and a smaller diameter Weber grate, and create your own removable second tier. 
    Works for me! BUT I am saving my pennies for the AR from CGS !
    Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
    2 Large BGE's, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a gas smoker...
    Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...