Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mad Max...basting turkey during cook

Larry McSass
Larry McSass Posts: 56
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
He refers to basting the turkey every 15 min. or so, I assume using the stock??? Or something else? Anyone know?

Comments

• Larry McSass,[p]I basted with the dripping in the bottom of the roster.[p]-Smitty

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Larry McSass,
    use the drippings from the pan and the turkey cavity . .. juices will be collecting there too. ...use a 'bulb' baster, you can buy them at most grocery stores and certainly any kitchen store ... between the two sticks of butter and the wine and the natural juices there should be plenty of basting stuff all through your cook .. .if not, add some more liquid (any combination of white wine, apple juice and/or stock) to insure you have plenty of basting material. . ..but you will be surprised how much collects in the turkey cavity. ...

• gman
    gman Posts: 106
    Every 15 min sounds like a lot. ...I admit I've never done a turkey before. But up until this point, my rule has been to leave the lid down for the egg to do it's magic.