Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thermoworks smoke

Options
Just purchased the smoke...BTW they’re  15% off now.

My only concern is using this when it’s below freezing...they say it’s only good to 32*. We have a good 5 months when temps are below freezing. Is this an issue anyone has had?

Also, this site is gonna put me in the poor house.
Eastern Shore Virginia 

Medium & Mini Max

Comments

• The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options
    With your open wallet we greet and suggest ways to lighten the cash load!!!

I've used my smoke below 32... I think they may be talking about the probe temps? 

5 months of <32... YIKES!
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• BobDanger
    BobDanger Posts: 323
    Options
    With your open wallet we greet and suggest ways to lighten the cash load!!!

I've used my smoke below 32... I think they may be talking about the probe temps? 

5 months of <32... YIKES!
    Thanks...I live in VA so not 5 months below freezing, but 5 months when there can be freezing temps.

im burning as much hardwood lump as possible to get the temps to rise here.
    Eastern Shore Virginia 

Medium & Mini Max
  • SmokeOnTheMountain
    Options
    I was looking at picking up a smoke but haven’t been able to find too much info on them. Worth the buy or something else?
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    I’ve had my smoke since I got my egg. Going on 3 years. No issues. Wife got me the WiFi extender for Fathers Day. Now you can check your IT on that brisket from wherever. 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Worth the buy or something else?

Excellent product in that price point.  I've had mine since they were released. 

If i were buying now I'd give a hard look at the new thermaq (it uses the heavier probes).

Phoenix