Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

directions for egg mate

Chuck
Chuck Posts: 812
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
does anyone have or know where i can get the directions for the large egg mate? I either lost them or never got them. [p]the dough is rising for some pizza for lunch the tenderloin is marinating for dinner, the baby backs (1st time for them) are looking good for tomorrow, picking up a mini monday and it doesn't get much better than that. it's been great discovering the new "family" that i have on this forum. [p]Chuck <><

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Chuck, congrats and welcome to the forum..I haven't assembled that accessory, but someone that has will be along to assist..Hang in there for a bit.
    It should be a easy to do project.
    C~W[p]

• Dr. Chicken
    Dr. Chicken Posts: 620
    Chuck,
    e-mail BGE headquarters and they'll fire one off to you. Or Call your dealer and have him pull the "di-structions" from another egg-mate and fax them to you. That's what I had to do when we bought the medium last year.[p]Hope this helps![p]BTW, welcome to the "Family"! U R gona love it![p]
    Dr. Chicken

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    myegg.jpg
    <p />Chuck,
    Sorry,[p]I tossed mine as soon as I got the Egg-mate on my large. The instructions needed pictures and better drawings, as I recall. It took me 45-60 min to do the job and it would take maybe half that now that I have done one. The confusing part was the little rollers that hold the tables up. [p]Let me know if you have some basic questions. I am sure you could call BGE Monday to ask for a set to be faxed or mailed.[p]Tim

• Chuck
    pizza1.jpg
    <p />Thanks, i finally figured out the rollers also. The pizza, using spin's sauce and dough, was a big hit with the family.
    Can't wait to try sprinters calzone. [p]Chuck <><

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Chuck,[p]Nice picture, Nice pizza, Nice view from the deck. Watch out for a strong gust of wind or that cover will reach the lake.[p]Tim
  • PRobinson
    PRobinson Posts: 74
    Chuck,[p]What a timely post. I got the egg-mate for the large yesterday. After seeing this post, I opened the box to see if the instructions made sense. Apparently BGE has the original writers of computer manuals to write the instruction for their products. The instructions don't even mention the rollers (I am assuming the 4 plastic washers are the black flat washers). Since you have figured it out, can you explain what I should do with the rollers (in terms understood by a woman)? Thanks.
  • Chuck
    eggmate.jpg
    <p />PRobinson,[p]I hope a picture is worth a thousand words. I didn't have any directions so i'm not 100 percent sure if this is correct, but it works great so i beleave it is. I put the washers between the band and the egg mate bracket, is that what your directions show?? Good luck and happy egging!!!![p]Chuck <><

• Chuck, way to go!! Good shot..
    C~W

• PRobinson
    PRobinson Posts: 74
    Chuck,[p]This I can do!! Many thanks.